Author Topic: Stalker, Hyndman, Blue Families Saddell /Skipness Parish  (Read 4081 times)

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Stalker, Hyndman, Blue Families Saddell /Skipness Parish
« on: Thursday 21 March 13 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Looking for missing information for Peter Hyndman 1753 married to Catherine Blue 04 04 1757 Would like to find his siblings or cousins  Have  some of Peter's  1st, 2nd , 3rd generation. Present day immediate families are known.

Also looking for Taylors in Dunoon who had Hyndman ancestors

Dooker

Offline dhalaughlin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stalker, Hyndman, Blue Families Saddell /Skipness Parish
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 September 17 01:37 BST (UK) »
I have in my line a John Blue b. abt. 1727 of Drumgarve, Kintyre who married a Mary Hyndman around about this period.
Scotland = BLUE, GOW,WYLIE, SCOTT
County Tyrone & County Londonderry, N. Ireland = LAUGHLIN/LOUGHLIN, ORR, CRAWFORD, MC GREGOR, MEATHERS/METHER(S)/MATHER(S)

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 September 17 00:46 BST (UK) »
Hi dhalaughllin,

Thanks for the reply.

Your John Blue from Drumgarve, (this is the Campbeltown area). Cathrine Blue, I have was born in Saddell.  Her father was a John Blue but I have no mother.

I found a John Blue married to a Mary Hyman. Hyndman has different spellings. Family Search appeared to have lots of Blue in the Campbeltown area.

I have not done research on the Blue side, the Hyndmans are my direct ancestors. I have a Katherine Blue born 1929 Campbeltown married to Archibald Black born 1922.  This in law aunt  always thought she was related to the Hyndmans They will all be related one way or another

Now I  have a descendant Peter McMillan married to Ann Blue  born 1847, parents Sarah MacMillan, born 1815  and William Blue born 1811, all Saddell.

A long story but I continue to look.

I found my Taylors in Dunoon and have spoken to them a few times.

Thanks,  Dooker

Offline dhalaughlin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 September 17 02:40 BST (UK) »
Everything in Kintyre is right next to itself. Families moved around and the distances between Carradale, Campbeltown, Saddell and Killean and the multitude of farms in between are not significant. Kate Black, nee Blue b. 1928 is my 2nd cousin. Married Archibald Gillies Black, b. Zimbabwe 1922, d. 1986. I have visited Kate and her family with my wife and children at her farm in Tangy. It's now a wind farm run by her son James. We also visited her sister Moira in Oban, d. 2016. Kate's farm at Tangy adjoins the McCartney's High Park farm. Her children were playmates of the McCartney's.
County Tyrone & County Londonderry, N. Ireland = LAUGHLIN/LOUGHLIN, ORR, CRAWFORD, MC GREGOR, MEATHERS/METHER(S)/MATHER(S)

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 September 17 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  The farms/crofts in Kintyre are side by side. when I asked about two if they were near I was told it is "over the burn".

Yes, unfortunately Kate Blue died 11 Feb 2016. Her daughter from Australia visited in Autumn 2015, which was nice.

Maybe someday I will get into Katherine Blue born April 1757, her family, and your John line may connect.

Dooker

Offline dhalaughlin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 September 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this. That is sad. RIP. Kate was a great gal and a great host to our family. We also met her daughters, including Lorna who was in from Australia.

All the very best,