Author Topic: de Crespigny and Pencarreg  (Read 7213 times)

Offline mongrel1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: de Crespigny and Pencarreg
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 21:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the 1857 reference - I had no idea they continued to call it Rhos(y)duon so late.

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 27 November 16 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your prompt replies and interest.

Deborah your cousin has mentioned you several times,we are indeed all looking for evidence linking Timothy Davies our common ancestor and the De Crespignys.There are some papers which might hold the key lodged with the Records Office of Carmarthenshire,sadly it seems the Office is in some dissaray following some flooding. The collection are known as 'The Vincent Evans Collection of papers' gifted by Vincent Evans,a Solictor from Lampeter on his demise.It is my understanding that these papers contain details of Pencarreg properties,etc. which might be of interest. Though Vincent Evans was alive in my lifetime he took over a practice that was long established in Lampeter.

Hanes teulu thanks for jogging my memory I did know of these articles but had forgotten their existence. Yes I am I'm afraid totally dissorganised,I guess my family history report would read-'tries his best but is without organisational skills and is tardy to boot!!'

Diolch i bawb,Dafydd

Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Cwrtnewydd,Llanfihangel ystrad,Nantcwnlle,Bwlchllan,Penuwch and more.
Davies-
Pencarreg,Cwmann,Llanybydder,Cribyn,Llanfihangel ystrad.
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 27 November 16 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Croeso a phob lwc.

Offline Norderney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 March 17 04:20 BST (UK) »
Late to the discussion .... I have found a photo of a pen and sepia and black in drawing of Rosydyon Tower. The original is, I believe, in the collection of Kelmarsh Hall where many de Crespigny family pictures are held. The inscription on the drawing is "Rosydyon Tower the seat of Sir William de Crespigny Bt." The drawing is said to be done by Mary Catherine Champion de Crespigny. Mary (1810-1858) was Sir William's daughter.
Somebody asked about the burial place for Sir William. It seems he was buried Sir Giles, Camberwell according to a record retrieved from ancestry.com : Board of Guardian Records, 1834-1906 and Church of England Parish Registers, 1813-1906. London Metropolitan Archives, London.

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 31 March 17 10:07 BST (UK) »

Thanks for flagging this up Norderney would be interested in having a copy of this photo if you have this in your possession.

Thank you too for the information re. Sir William's last resting place.

Regards,David
Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Cwrtnewydd,Llanfihangel ystrad,Nantcwnlle,Bwlchllan,Penuwch and more.
Davies-
Pencarreg,Cwmann,Llanybydder,Cribyn,Llanfihangel ystrad.
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan

Offline Norderney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 20 April 17 22:30 BST (UK) »

Thanks for flagging this up Norderney would be interested in having a copy of this photo if you have this in your possession.

Thank you too for the information re. Sir William's last resting place.

Regards,David

I have written about the drawing in a blog post today <a href="http://ayfamilyhistory.blogspot.com.au/2017/04/r-is-for-rosydyon-tower-seat-of-sir-w.html">R is for Rosydyon Tower the seat of Sir W. de Crespigny Bt</a> regards Anne