Author Topic: Margaret Carr born abt 1859 Northumberland  (Read 7594 times)

Offline gemcy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Carr c1815 Northumberland
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 02 August 15 12:50 BST (UK) »
Yes, familiar is correct!  I looked for that thread then decided since I couldn't find it I had imagined the whole episode.  Having been asked again if I had found anything more on George Carr I am as you see still floundering in the shallows and obviously there is no new material to hand.

Mary Ann Rogers birth certificate was sent for as suggested in post from Davidft in 2013, having followed your link JenB, thanks .....  Address shown as Kitty Brewster, Cow Pen, 18 Sept 1880 Father James Rogers Occupation Coal Miner. Mother Margaret formerly Carr

The whole family seem to be a mystery before Margaret Married William Knight ... Where has James Rogers disappeared to, I can't find him on Census 1881 or either him or Margaret on census 1871!  I did find someone who allegedly had James and Margaret's marriage cert but wouldn't share the info ???  And as you will be aware the ages for Margaret are all over the place.

Perhaps it's time to tell Harold (he's 93 this month) to put this one to bed.  George would be his great grandfather.

c'est la vie!
Derbyshire, Leicestershire,Warwickshire,Yorks,Essex, Suffolk, Northamptonshire, Scotland, North East England, Lancashire, Ireland Donegal/Antrim

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Carr born abt 1859 Northumberland
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 02 August 15 13:17 BST (UK) »
The James Rogers from Bedlington, 1850, that davidft found in 1881, is James Rodgers on 1871, unmarried.

So marriage between 1871 and 1881 if it happened.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Carr born abt 1859 Northumberland
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 02 August 15 13:18 BST (UK) »
Yes, familiar is correct!  I looked for that thread then decided since I couldn't find it I had imagined the whole episode.  Having been asked again if I had found anything more on George Carr I am as you see still floundering in the shallows and obviously there is no new material to hand.

Mary Ann Rogers birth certificate was sent for as suggested in post from Davidft in 2013, having followed your link JenB, thanks .....  Address shown as Kitty Brewster, Cow Pen, 18 Sept 1880 Father James Rogers Occupation Coal Miner. Mother Margaret formerly Carr

The whole family seem to be a mystery before Margaret Married William Knight ... Where has James Rogers disappeared to, I can't find him on Census 1881 or either him or Margaret on census 1871!  I did find someone who allegedly had James and Margaret's marriage cert but wouldn't share the info ???  And as you will be aware the ages for Margaret are all over the place.

Perhaps it's time to tell Harold (he's 93 this month) to put this one to bed.  George would be his great grandfather.

c'est la vie!

I don't think you meant to post this on this thread - it is a duplicate of the reply on your new thread on the same topic.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk