Author Topic: Mary Ann Ebbethite/Ebbithite  (Read 4598 times)

Offline tancor2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Ebbethite/Ebbithite
« Reply #27 on: Monday 25 March 13 15:48 GMT (UK) »
I like to be able to find all births and deaths i have tried all spellings for William surname on the 1837 -1916 deaths but can find him it must have been after 1861 as he was in that census aged 82 any ideas what to try next thanks

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 25 March 13 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi I've had that problem with him as well!

Also whos  children are the Edwards on 1851/61 with William & Dinah?

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 25 March 13 16:11 GMT (UK) »
William died Dec qtr 1863, on Free BMD it is indexed as E* Hemel Hampstead, I found it by just searching for William died 1863 in H/H. If you look at the original image it is very hard to read but I do have the record from another source too. :)

Haven't looked at the Edwards family as yet. ???

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tancor2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 25 March 13 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again thats brilliant years of being unable to find information,now in 2 days on Rootschat brilliant if i have other things i need to find  and i am having difficulties will use Rootschat again

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 25 March 13 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, glad we have been of help to you, to clear up the Edwards children the marriage looks to be Henry Edwards to Sarah Ebbuthite 1829 Flamstead, Herts, (14th April 1829) in Dec qtr 1856 Hemel Hempstead Sarah re-marries a Joseph Wilson he is on 3a 437 Sarah on 3a _27 they can be found in 1861 at Cherry Bounce, Hemel Hempstead RG09/838/5/3 Joseph 63 Sarah 51 with children Louisa Edwards 12 and Henry aged 9, I also see in 1851 their is a George Edwards aged 22 with Thomas and Mary A Lovett he was shown as nephew, he was born 6th March 1829 christened 25th June 1837 Box Lane Independent father Henry Mother Sarah.

Any more help we can give give us a shout ok!
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 25 March 13 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm also pleased we have been able to help & thank you keyboard for sorting the Edwards out. :)

If you should happen to discover why William Ebuthite the elder was alias Rowland do please let us know, I am intrigued.... :D

This thread has also given me some fresh names to look under for the baptism of my Eliza in Ricky although I have a feeling I still wont be able to find her. ::)

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline FredRogers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 17 February 14 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I too am interested in William and Dinah as they are my 4th great Grandparents via their daughter Elizabeth Ebuthite born 1805 .I am trying to establish Williams date of birth and parents .The census in 1851 and 1861 date his birth approx 1779  . I do think the Rowland name has some link to the mystery and that the 1841 census it his him and Dinah living with the surname Rowland ,especially as their neighbours are the Allums who Elizabeth marries a Allum (Richard Allum b 1805 ) added to that are the siblings Daniel and John in the 1841 census .

On familysearch I have found this for an Ann born to parents William and Susanna which gives the fathers name as Ebuthite or Rowland
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NB7L-V58 .

William and Susanna also have a son William born in 1775 https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J734-957 .
The only thing is that this does not tie in with the census dates of birth for my William

Then there are these few ones with the Rowland as a middle or first name that may be linked ..

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NR45-FQ4

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JQTY-NRM

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J74V-XWG

Offline tancor1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 11:49 BST (UK) »
after the success with Mary i am trying to find my 3xggmother who was mother to Marys husband Thomas he was born in France and his mother was French all we know about her is that she was called Clotilde we do not have a surname she married George Lovett from Hertfordshire, her death certificate shows she died in Hemel Hempstead and from her age at death we worked out she was born about 1802 in or around Calais in France, does anyone know anything or where to find french records my problem i myself do not understand or speak french, so would need a site that would translate into English.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 11:58 BST (UK) »
There are no national databases of French births :-\
You have to go to the relevant local authority.

You would be best to start a new thread in the "Europe" board?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)