Author Topic: Salesian College, Macclesfield  (Read 1783 times)

Offline ocian_c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Salesian College, Macclesfield
« on: Sunday 24 March 13 01:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone on here has ever consulted the records at Cheshire Archive centre pertaining to this school in Macclesfield.  I am just trying to find info about an ancestor that attended in 1930s/40s, and wondered whether it was worth paying a member of the tema there to do my research for me.

I know the records consist of photos and various records, just wondered what sort of quality they were and whether it was worth the time and money.

Or if anyone on here has any connection with the organisation i would be interested to hear from you.

Ciaran
Keenan (Co. Antrim Ireland - Scotland)
McCart (Co. Antrim Ireland - Scotland)
McMullan (Ballymoney Co. Antrim)
Westwood (Kingswinford)
Bray (Colwell, Herefordshire)
Stanley (London)
Moss-Smith (Altrincham and surrounds)

Offline Ray T

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Salesian College, Macclesfield
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 March 13 10:41 GMT (UK) »
You probably know this but this is their current website!- http://www.pumahotels.co.uk/hotels/northern-england/barcelo-shrigley-hall-hotel-cheshire

Offline screech

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Salesian College, Macclesfield
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 18:49 BST (UK) »
I se that you were trying to trace an ancestor at the Salesian College.I,too am trying to trace records of my father,William Screech who joined in 1929(1st intake I believe),became Brother William,but left the College in about 1936 because of major disruption in his family.I know he also spent some time in Cowley.If you have any advice regarding access to these records,I should be happy to hear from you