Author Topic: Frustrating lack of online Gloucestershire Parish Records.  (Read 27261 times)

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating lack of online Gloucestershire Parish Records.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 15:56 GMT (UK) »
The baptisms I have listed are those shown on the CD 1813-1837, so you'll have to wait for the earlier baptisms until I next visit GA.
Kindly list me a fresh request of your outstanding data requirements as the paperwork is now running to 4 pages and just confuses me.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 16:06 GMT (UK) »
One parting shot - a Phillip BURBRIDGE married Jane ARNOLD @ St Peter, Winchcombe, 8th November 1834, by Banns.
1841 Census for Winchcombe & Sudeley Manor, conducted 6th June 1841
Sudeley Tenements
Philip BURBRIDGE, 30, Ag Lab
Jane BURBRIDGE, 25
Ann BURBRIDGE, 5
Jane BURBRIDGE, 4m
Hailes Street
Philip BURBRIDGE, 60, Shoemaker
Charlotte BURBRIDGE, 55
Ann BURBRIDGE, 14
Simeon BURBRIDGE, 20, Ag Lab
Victor  :)
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Earlsdau

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
To Victor.
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 March 13 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Victor for the info so far!

Those children born in Toddington between 1815 and 1819 fill the gap nicely between the earlier children also born in Toddington and the later ones born in Winchcombe.

The Phillip BURBRIDGE married in 1834 will be the son of Phillip and Charlotte judging by the age. Therefore one of the earlier 'batch' of children which tends to confirm those names on FamilySearch but if you can verify them on the database you have, that would be great.

So you couldn't find a marriage of FELLSTEEDS in Prestbury? Perhaps they had moved from where they first lived. Without a computer program to find them I guess that means one has to trawl through village after village of names to locate them? Is that something you can do or can you give any advice to me as to resources where I can look.....remembering I am not in the U.K?

(I say it again, a computerised transcribed system is a massive boon to this kind of research when one is doing it from a distance. Gloucestershire needs to get with the times.).

Again many thanks for those names, so far Victor!

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 March 13 07:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Angie,
I had hoped that you would give me a fresh list of your data equirements in your last reply? This post is now running to 4 pages and I can't see the wood for the trees!
My thoughts on the marriage of Phillip & Charlotte BURBRIDGE, nee FELLSTEED at Didbrook on 17/8/1801 is that marriages generally took place at the bride's parish, so I could check to see if I can find a baptism for Charlotte there. Phillip's abode was Toddington at the time of the marriage.
I don't think I need to check the baptisms of Sarah, Esther, Richard, Phillip or Leigh as you already have these dates.
I found 2 further marriages which may be of interest:-
Thomas BURBRIDGE of Toddington married Ann LEA at Toddington, 16/2/1805 by Banns.
Elizabeth FELSTEED married James INGRAM at Boddington, 14/12/1760.
Victor

Offline Earlsdau

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
To Victor.
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 27 March 13 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Victor,

Were you speaking to Angie or to Earlsdau?

I'm more than happy to supply you with a fresh list of requirements if it was me.....lol!

Thank you again for those two marriages....I'll do some checking now as to how they may connect with the family.

Earlsdau

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 27 March 13 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry to you both. It has only just occurred to me that there are 2 RootsChatterers on this post. If either of you require further lookups, NOT research, I shall be happy to oblige.
Victor

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 March 13 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Leigh BURBRIDGE m. Jemima GARDNER @ St Peter, Winchcombe, 14th April 1836, by Banns.
Phillip BURBRIDGE m. Jane ARNOLD @ St Peter, Winchcombe, 8th November 1834, by Banns.
Thomas BURBRIDGE of Didbrook m. Jane BARNETT @ St Peter, Winchcombe, 14th March 1833, by Licence.
Thomas BURBRIDGE of Didbrook m. Ann LEA @ St Andrew, Toddington, 16th December 1805, by Banns.
Ann BURBRIDGE m. Job TAYLOR @ St George, Didbrook, 12th May 1834, by Banns.
Elizabeth BURBRIDGE m. William GREEN @ St Peter, Winchcombe, 5th August 1828, by Banns.
Mary BURBRIDGE m. George GRIMMETT of Buckland @ St George, Didbrook, 12th December 1824, by Banns.
Victor

Offline Gernot Janssen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Lincs to the past http://www.lincstothepast.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 20 October 13 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Victor,

I am based across the Irish sea, and have come across this thread while searching for a confirmation of a Gloucestershire birth/ baptism.
Could I please ask you to verify/ confirm
John HARVISON, * 14 Apr 1765 Coates, Gloucestershire
for me, please ?
Apparently, John, and for unknown reasons, resurfaced in Caistor, Lincs in later life. He is one of the riddles in your parts of the realm.
Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Gernot
Thanks & Best Wishes,
Gernot

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism of John HARVISON at St Matthew, Coates, 14th April 1765
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 20 October 13 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Gernot,
Welcome to Roots.
You should really have posted your data request under Gloucestershire Lookup Requests. Never mind, I have your data request, but I am unable to do a lookup for a while due to just coming out of hospital after heart surgery, and I am convalescing at home at the moment.
Just bear with me and I will do the lookup as soon as I can and get back to you.
Victor