Author Topic: peter [mulery] or mulroy  (Read 4205 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
peter [mulery] or mulroy
« on: Friday 09 July 04 12:55 BST (UK) »
any one got any ideas, how i could trace the birth or baptism of peter mulroy,on the 1881 census he is head of family, living at audley staffs, birthplace mayo ireland age 43 his wife elizabeth, also 43 birthplace mold wales. also listed are eliza e jones daughter age 19 born mold wales, then two younger children john mulroy 13 mold wales,and mary mulroy 7 mold wales.the eldest daughter eliza jones, was my husbands , granmother,so we do not know if peter mulroy, was my husbands great granfather or no relation,but my husbands mother always said, they had irish and welsh blood.i can not find any  marriage on bmd, for them,also i can not trace eliza jones birth in mold wales, because of the number of girls called that.  p.s. on the census the name is spelt mulery,but i have peters death cert, he died in the workhouse at chell staffs age 55 in 1890 and his name is peter mulroy.any hints or ideas how, i can get any further , with any of this, thanks  nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: peter [mulery] or mulroy
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Assuming the Eliza Jones was single at the time of the census, it seems most likely she was a daughter of Elizabeth from a previous marriage. Why not go to 1827online and pay the smallish fee to search for their marriages for sure in Mold.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 12:33 GMT (UK) »
thank you kate for your reply, i have been on the free bmd site,and also the welsh bmd site, but no luck!  will 1827 oneline have more information, if so i dont mind paying,i have looked at that site before but never used it. thanks again regards, nora
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My typo I meant 1837online. I have never used it but I know others who have found it useful. It is supposed to have all BMDs unlike freebmd which is only partially complete.

Let us know how you get on.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 14:06 GMT (UK) »
hi kate, i found out it was 1837, and i was just filling out the registration form, when visitors arrived, always happens! i will get back to  it later, as i have now got to print out some digital photo,s of one of my grandaughters,so thanks again. nora