Offline velcro

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Egan
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 04 April 13 03:21 BST (UK) »
Dear Andy
What year was the residence 58 Nonotuck St, Florence, Massachusetts ?
Joseph Egan born 19th March 1877 Perth WA.
1930 Census gives Immigration year 1892 married to Jennie M Egan.Household members(another can of worms!) Joseph Egan 53,Jennie Egan 53,Mary L Egan 26,Philip H Egan 24,Helen M Egan15,William J Egan 12. Any views to if all children of Joseph and Jennie as big gap 24yr old -15yr yr old?
Find a grave has Thomas, Joseph and William with Parents. St Mary Cem. Hampshire Mass.
Also Find a grave: Mary Leahy Egan died 23 Dec 1904 of 58 Nonotuck St F Northamton Hampshire Mass. died of Cerebral Apoplexy.

Patrick James Egan died of Tetanus 2 Apr 1903 58 Nonotuck St F (Florence) Northampton Hampshire Mass both buried St Mary Cem and son "Joseph" buried 1946 St Mary Cem Hamspshire Mass. occ. Gardener wife Mary Jane Jennie also on same headstone died 1952. Her children Thomas F Egan 1901-1966
Joseph Francis Egan 1905-1977, William J Egan 1917-2003. William married and had a son.
1840 "Joseph Egan living 54 Nonotuck St not far from parents. Occ. Salesman.

WA state I'm in.
Cheers
Velcro

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 04 April 13 03:30 BST (UK) »
Dear Andy
 born 19th March 1877 Perth WA.
WA state I'm in.
Cheers
Velcro

The Battye is the best library in WA  :)
http://www.slwa.wa.gov.au/find/wa_information/battye_library

http://www.slwa.wa.gov.au/find/guides/family_history  has e-resources so WA residents can probably log in from their homes  :)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 04 April 13 03:45 BST (UK) »
Dear Andy
 born 19th March 1877 Perth WA.
WA state I'm in.
Cheers
Velcro

The address is from the US Naturalisation Index so would have been his address on the 18th April 1903. Whilst the index does have his birth as 19th March 1877 it does not say he was born in Perth WA, in fact for Country of Birth or Allegiance it says Great Britain.

Andy 

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 04 April 13 03:57 BST (UK) »
British Subjects owed allegiance to the British Monarch, regardless of their own places of birth.   So that naturalisation that Andy has found could still be the elusive EGAN lad born EAGAN in 1877 in WA.   Perhaps a logical way to check would of course be to obtain the WA birth cert to establish the exact date of birth, hoping it was 19 March (1877), afterall, born WA gave Patrick Joseph EAGAN British Subject status by birth  :) ....

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 04 April 13 04:00 BST (UK) »
Dear Andy
1930 Census gives Immigration year 1892 married to Jennie M Egan.Household members(another can of worms!) Joseph Egan 53,Jennie Egan 53,Mary L Egan 26,Philip H Egan 24,Helen M Egan15,William J Egan 12. Any views to if all children of Joseph and Jennie as big gap 24yr old -15yr yr old?
Find a grave has Thomas, Joseph and William with Parents. St Mary Cem. Hampshire Mass.
Also Find a grave: Mary Leahy Egan died 23 Dec 1904 of 58 Nonotuck St F Northamton Hampshire Mass. died of Cerebral Apoplexy.

Patrick James Egan died of Tetanus 2 Apr 1903 58 Nonotuck St F (Florence) Northampton Hampshire Mass both buried St Mary Cem and son "Joseph" buried 1946 St Mary Cem Hamspshire Mass. occ. Gardener wife Mary Jane Jennie also on same headstone died 1952. Her children Thomas F Egan 1901-1966
Joseph Francis Egan 1905-1977, William J Egan 1917-2003. William married  (Modified by JM to delete name of wife from this quote) b. 1918 still living.Has son (JM deletes name) .

WA state I'm in.
Cheers
Velcro

I see Velcro has added to this post ..... fingers crossed those persons noted as 'still living' are not being identified.

Cheers,  JM

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 04 April 13 05:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Velcro

There are lots of Massachusetts records on Familysearch.org, if you search them you should find a number of other children to fill the gaps on the 1930 census.

Andy

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 04 April 13 06:03 BST (UK) »
Dear Andy

Joseph Francis Egan 1905-1977, William J Egan 1917-2003. William married Marion L Roche b. 1918 still living.Has son William.

WA state I'm in.
Cheers
Velcro

Should read 1940 - not 1840 "Joseph Egan living 54 Nonotuck St not far from parents. Occ. Salesman.

The wife and son of William J Egan 1917-2003 are still living according to the records, you will need to remove there names.
Will send a link incase you want contact.

The FIND A GRAVE (with a link) info is in reply 7

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline velcro

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 04 April 13 06:08 BST (UK) »
Dear Andy

As we speak I'm onto Familysearch.org.
Sure to be sure!!! ;D

Velcro

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 04 April 13 06:15 BST (UK) »
Phillip Egan - son of Joseph and Jennie

Birth:-  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FXNT-Y9M

SSDI - Phillip Egan born 16 Aug 1906 died May 1966 Massachusetts.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada