Author Topic: George ABBOT and Betsy SCOTT - PARENTS OF BOTH???  (Read 4863 times)

Offline 1JC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George ABBOT and Betsy SCOTT - PARENTS OF BOTH???
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 February 17 08:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again.

I am probably missing something but I cant fathom the reference made to the Strelitz area. Can you please enlighten me.

Yes looks very unlikely that there is a link to Sir Walter Scott.

Thanks for the tip about requesting a rescan of the 1855 birth certificate - I have done so and hopefully will get useful info.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 18 February 17 09:05 GMT (UK) »
I am probably missing something but I cant fathom the reference made to the Strelitz area. Can you please enlighten me.
Because the extracts you posted from the Register of Baptisms both mention Strelitz. I thought you might like to know where it is.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline 1JC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 18 February 17 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I should have figured that out.

Are the death records on ScotlandsPeople indexed on Maiden name, married name or both?  The reason I ask is that I thought I had found Jessie when I found a death record for the only Jean Abbot with the right birthdate range, only to find when I had purchased the record it was for a Jean Anderson whose Maiden name was Abbot.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 February 17 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Are the death records on ScotlandsPeople indexed on Maiden name, married name or both? 
Both, as a rule.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.