Author Topic: What happened to William and Sarah Ann BROWN?? Inverell area  (Read 12580 times)

Offline melmaree

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to William and Sarah Ann Brown??Inverell area
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 14 April 13 12:29 BST (UK) »
I am trying to figure out how to do a snapshot of my marriage certificate but not having much luck. I've had a look at that link, but am trying to figure it out. Hopefully will figure it out shortly.
Thanks

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 14 April 13 12:32 BST (UK) »

I think it would be useful to you to account for daughters of William Brown and Sarah Ann Byron as one or both of them might be cared for in their old age by a daughter. If you can find a burial for daughters, the parent/parents might be buried at the same place.

To that end, who did Charlotte marry, 1908...I cannot see anything in QLD or NSW.

BDM QLD  marriage
1908/C2988 KHAN Adalat      m.   BROWN Jessie

births
1910/C13118   Ethel Martha KHAN               Adalat Jessie Brown
1910/C13119   Galarm Gelarlarny KHAN       Adalat Jessie Brown
1910/C13119   Golarm Gelarlarny KHAN        Adalat Jessie Brown
1910/C13034   Boguin-Noor Madge KHAN      Adalat Jessie Brown

deaths
1956/B13630 Boguin-Noor Madge KHAN          Adalat          Jessie Brown
1917/C3653 Edwin KHAN                               Adalat Khan  Jessie Ann Brown
1940/C1721 Adalat KHAN                                Buny           Moad Berber

1953/B42294 Jessie Ann KHAN                        William Brown       Sarah Byron

Courier Mail 2 Mar 1953
KHAN, Mrs. Jessie Ann. 23 O'Connell Terrace, Bowen Hills. — Relatives and Friends of Mr. and Mrs. R. Austin and Family, Mr. and Mrs. R. Khan. Mr. W. Sounders and Family, Madge, Lorna, and Jack Khan, are respectfully advised that the Funeral of their beloved Mother, Mother-in-law, and Grandmother, Is appointed to leave the Parlour, 400 Wickham Street, Valley, Tomorrow (Tuesday) for Mt. Thompson Crematorium, on conclusion of service commencing at 10.45 a.m.

BDM QLD  marriage
1922/C1857 SAUNDERS  William m. KHAN Ethel Martha
1934/C365 AUSTIN Robert Sidney   m.   KHAN Marian Charlotte

BDM NSW  marriage
7207/1895  SMITH  Robert J F    m.    BROWN  Sarah E             LITHGOW 

BDM NSW births
13705/1896  SMITH  Charles S     parents William  Sarah        LITHGOW     
32617/1900  SMITH  Ronald E      parents William  Sarah        LITHGOW
31340/1903  SMITH  Gladys E      parents William  Sarah        LITHGOW
4702/1906  SMITH  Walter B        parents William  Sarah C     LITHGOW
38104/1909  SMITH  Laurence R   parents William  Sarah C     LITHGOW

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 14 April 13 12:50 BST (UK) »
Don't panic ..... it can be tricky when you first try it ..... It took me for ever to learn how to attach thingys to RChat posts ....   Then once you can, you look in the mirror and have a laugh and giggle...

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline melmaree

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 14 April 13 12:56 BST (UK) »
Ok I think I might have the attachment. Fingers crossed. Hopefully it will work.

Wivenhoe,  yes they are the 2 daughters. Charlotte married Charles Mohammed Deen in Inglewood in 1908. For some reason the record is not on QLD BDM website, however I did find it on ancestry and ordered the certificate from that. Makes it hard sometimes if the marriage isn't even on the QLD BDM online search. Charlotte died in Penrith in the 1960's.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 14 April 13 13:02 BST (UK) »
Did you have William :  ???
V18532752 71/1853  BYROM  WILLIAM  Mother ELIZABETH FATHER PETER.

Neil

PS. The William Gordon seems to have died some time later in Sydney however I cannot find a death or birth for Sarah if indeed her name.

Did you have William :  ???
V18532752 71/1853  BYROM  WILLIAM  Mother ELIZABETH FATHER PETER.

Neil

PS. The William Gordon seems to have died some time later in Sydney however I cannot find a death or birth for Sarah if indeed her name.

Perhaps the NSW BDM entry could be associated with the following
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XT8N-XLK

Well done for posting that snip.....  Could be Gregg's Creek  ..... Neil will know more than my OH .....  shhhhhhhhhh .... please don't tell my OH I wrote that  :)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 14 April 13 20:59 BST (UK) »
Hmm,
All I have come up with is Peter BYROM married Eliza FITZSIMMONS at the Church of England Maitland in 1836. REF # V1836445 20/1836.

Maitland did not become a Parish until 1838 but services would have been held probably at one of the many chapels built on homesteads in the area.

I have never heard of Greggs Creek and thats what it looks like. With three large Rivers running through the area close by Maitland there are literally hundreds of creeks. Many of these have never been officially named, the one through my property only recently done to commemorate the family who settled here mid 1800's. They even changed my address last week by nameing the Crown Lane and giving me a street address. :o I have looked through historical records of Maitland for a referance to the "GREGG" family with no luck.

Given the year 1836 Mr BYROM OR Miss FITZSIMMONS or both could have had a criminal history and may be transportees.  ::) I have not checked as I am unsure if you have done this area prior.

I am a little surprised to find your Sarah born Maitland moving as far as the Moree Plains area  ???

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 14 April 13 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

Peter and Eliza were married at Glendon, information on Peter on this site http://www.jenwilletts.com/search.htm

Muss

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 14 April 13 21:31 BST (UK) »
The C OF E area covered from Maitland and up to Glendon which is near Dungog or more correctly between Dungog and Gloucester. HUGE area. There are a few marriages of people by the name of FITZSIMMONS and BYROM/N in the Dungog area. There are Fitzsimmons still in this area near me.
no way of knowing if the same family though. ::)
Neil ;D

MODIFIED. I wonder if it was nearer GLENDON BROOK which is between Maitland and Singleton.
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 14 April 13 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think both Peter and Eliza were convicts

Muss