Author Topic: Loch Ryan Cemetery  (Read 11477 times)

Offline suzilad

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Loch Ryan Cemetery
« Reply #18 on: Friday 26 April 13 20:22 BST (UK) »

Glad you got on so well Catsleugh I forgot all about the cemetery at the High Kirk on Leswalt High Road and when you think of it you can see right up Lochryan from there.
My grandfather worked in the gardens where the Old Inch Cemetery is -- Castle Kennedy Gardens -- he stayed in an estate house and we went every year there on holiday.

suzilad

Offline imchad

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 June 13 22:49 BST (UK) »
Just noticed this post.  Seems to me it could be Cairnryan cemetery, just up the loch from Stranraer.  The Ferry boats for Belfast leave from there now.  DGFHS sell the MI booklet for Cairnryan.

Ian McClumpha

Offline catleugh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Into every life a little sun must shine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 June 13 20:15 BST (UK) »
Ian
I visited Cairnryan cemetery.  It's very small, and there aren't many stones left to see.  As you say it's right next to Loch Ryan.  It's very well looked after, and there are a couple of war memorials there.
I still think the best bet for my Great-Grandmothers grave is Sheucan Cemetery, because of where she was living shortly before she died.  There is no stone for her there either, but there are many stones missing.
Catleugh - Cunningham - Welsh - Lewis - Lumsden - Lumley-Murdoch-Hoggan-Cowie-Lester-Amos-Pearson-Herbert-Spalding