Author Topic: Searching for UK Child Migrant, May EVANS born 1912 UK Arrived Australia 1927.  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Daizee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for UK Child Migrant, May EVANS born 1912 UK Arrived Australia 1927.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 April 13 00:54 BST (UK) »
Garstonite – you mentioned the Evans family from Liverpool (and there seems to be thousands of them)  – I have found a paper dated 1918 detailing the Paternal Aunts and Uncle of the children as Mary Chapman (32), Hannah Murray (no age given) who both lived in Leatherhead and John Evans (41) a Dock Worker from Liverpool.  Their parents were Daniel and Mary.  Thanks again. 

Offline Peter Traynor

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for UK Child Migrant, May EVANS born 1912 UK Arrived Australia 1927.
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 July 19 13:04 BST (UK) »
Sorry for only just joining, but I may be able to help a little.  My Wife's Grandmother was Christina Evans mentioned in this thread.  I am quite new to all this.

Offline IgorStrav

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Arthur Pay 1915-2002 "handsome bu**er"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 July 19 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter, and welcome to Rootschat.

Daizee has not been on the site since 2016, but she should get an email notifying her that you have posted on this thread.
Pay, Kent. 
Barham, Kent. 
Cork(e), Kent. 
Cooley, Kent.
Barwell, Rutland/Northants/Greenwich.
Cotterill, Derbys.
Van Steenhoven/Steenhoven/Hoven, Nord Brabant/Belgium/East London.
Kesneer Belgium/East London
Burton, East London.
Barlow, East London
Wayling, East London
Wade, Greenwich/Brightlingsea, Essex.
Thorpe, Brightlingsea, Essex

Offline Daizee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 July 19 04:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you to all your replies.  We have found the family of the missing aunt, May Evans and please accept my gratitude to Rootschat for circulating our enquiry.