Author Topic: Robert Christian  (Read 5404 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Robert Christian
« on: Saturday 20 April 13 13:55 BST (UK) »
Robert Christian OTP  married Jane Preston OTP on 14 May 1800 St Peters & St Pauls church Exton.

Jane was also baptised in Exton on 12 Apr 1772 however no mention of Robert Christian

Both Jane and Robert are buried in Exton. Jane on 21 Oct 1849 and Robert ( I think ) in 1836 and if anyone can confirm the date via PRs that would be great.

I have found baptisms locally for 'a' Robert Christian and assume the first 1776 died before the 1778 Robert was born/baptised, so two Robert Christian to the same parents
10 Mar 1776   KETTON CUM TIXOVER,RUTLAND,ENGLAND John /Mary
20 Dec 1778   KETTON CUM TIXOVER,RUTLAND,ENGLAND John/Mary
8 Dec 1771   ESSENDINE,RUTLAND,ENGLAND John /Elizabeth
9 Aug 1773   SKILLINGTON,LINCOLN,ENGLAND henry /Elizabeth

Very difficult to find record evidence which Robert Christian is the right one ( if any of those) working on approx year of birth ( I have scribbled in notes from very early in my research 1776, but not sure where from ??? I know better now to add that too but you live and learn) and died in 1836, so if anyone has any bright ideas I could use them ::)

Also is anyone researching Christian or has marriage/burial  records for those areas to see if those  Robert Christian's married there or died there which would help  get one or more out of the mix

thanks, all bright ideas and help welcome  ;D
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Christian
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 April 13 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you seen this site

http://exton.leicestershireparishcouncils.org/parish-records-and-graveyard-sur.html

Graveyard plans etc. and people buried to download

claire

Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 April 13 15:46 BST (UK) »
Yes thanks I have all Extons PRs , they go up to 1812
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline forte

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 April 13 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hello again
I've searched all the CD's I have for Rutland for Robert Christians.

Can confirm the bp's for 1776 and 1778 and the bu for 1778 all of John & Mary so you are right that they had a second Robert bp 1778.

I've found bu of Robert in Exton date is 31/12/1836 says he is aged 60 so born 1776!

Incidentally the marriage for Robert & Jane in Exton gives his name as CHRISTON so always search variants.
Do you know his parents or any siblings?

Do you have Robert & Jane's children - I'll send them if not.

Sorry I can't be more help.
DEXTER-  pre 1800 Rutland & Lincolnshire
DAWSON -  Wymeswold Leics
HALL - Sheffield Yorkshire UK & Tasmania
MARSH- Willoughby on the Wolds
BLEWITT/BLUEITT/BLUITT mainly Grantham area

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 April 13 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Forte

Thank you for Roberts burial date and the first (John /Mary) Robert burial, at least I know that is one less to add into the mix.

The only information I have are Exton PR records, his marriage (no parents) it says OTP but he was not baptised at Exton and no other Christian's prior to him

These are their children that I have baptised in Exton
28   SEP   1800   AMOS
6   MAY   1804   ELI
28   DEC    1805   HORACE
18   DEC    1808   EDMUND
23   AUG   1812   WILLIAM
10    JULY  1816 JAMES
and I have them all married, including the 3 that married twice, although Wm married Elizabeth in Exton in 1839 but I don't have the full date of that or her surname

So I have no parents or siblings, if he had lived until the 1841 census that at least would have given me his county of birth...it was really inconsiderate of him dying when he did ::)

The only thing I could think of was to see if those Robert Christian's from Ketton and Essendine married  or died in those villages. I know that is not proving 'mine' but it could exclude others of the same name, one of my brickwall tactics ;D

Problem I had was when I began it was all paper filed research ( thank goodness) once I got a computer I slowly put everything on, then realised that as I had so much research with so many lines it was not as organised as it should have be, but I really didn't expect to find as much as I did, or be so hooked, since I only wanted to know who my grand mother was ( yes I know I could have looked on my fathers birth cert, but I didn't know that back then).
Then my computer was stolen and I had to start again. I have had it crash and lost FH work twice and I have learned to back up.
Some of the lines I have information about but not where from, sometimes it is because I didn't write it down originally, others because it is only part that I could recover.  :'(

It is only now when I concentrate on one line or relook at a brick wall I realise what is missing and I do find it really helps me look at options/avenues by asking on here, not only do I get challenged, " do you know.." and " what children do they have...", so I look, check, but it also helps having different perspectives and sometimes that is all I need.

Offline forte

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 April 13 21:12 BST (UK) »
Have had another look at Christian family and not moved much further I'm afraid.
However, I did find a Robert Christian bp 8/12/1771 Essendine s/o John/Elizabeth and also
ma Robert Christian otp to Elizabeth Cawthorne otp  9/2/1802 at Essendine - he could be one and the same.

I can't see any William ma to Elizabeth in 1839 nor any marriagesof a Robert  in Ketton to help eliminate.

However if I do will let you know.
DEXTER-  pre 1800 Rutland & Lincolnshire
DAWSON -  Wymeswold Leics
HALL - Sheffield Yorkshire UK & Tasmania
MARSH- Willoughby on the Wolds
BLEWITT/BLUEITT/BLUITT mainly Grantham area

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 22 April 13 00:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Forte

Thank you every little helps, it looks likely that the Essendine Robert stayed and married there.
It is looking more likely it is Robert baptised in Ketton who married in Exton.

I have been trying to find the Lincolnshire Robert and who he may have married...I'm still looking ::)