Author Topic: Voters List Lookup Please  (Read 2274 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Voters List Lookup Please
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 March 18 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nadine,

Welcome to RootsChat,

Sadly, the original poster has not been on line since January 2015, hopeful they have there mail notifications turned on and will respond in due course.  If not make another couple of posts and you could use the personal message system to try and make contact.

Good Luck
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 March 18 19:15 GMT (UK) »
I believe the parents of Leo to be Joseph Landry and Edma Richard.  In 1911 Joseph is in Finch, Stormont County with children Ovila (1891) Ladislas (1893) Leonida (1901) Damien (1908) Leona (1899) and Edma (1903).  Joseph is married to Eugenie, his 2nd wife.  He married Mary Eugenie on 26 Feb 1906 at Moose Creek.  He was shown as a 42 year old widower with parent Venance Landry and Alphonsine Gibault.
Joseph's first marriage was to M. Edma Richard 26 Oct 1886 Crysler.  Her name is recorded as Emma, Edmond etc on children's marriage certificates.
Edma would be Leo's mother if I am correct in my assumptions.
Victoria Marie Edma Landry was baptized in St. Albert 14 April 1903 and the next entry in the registry is the burial of Edma Richard, wife of Joseph Landry.  It is a hard entry to read but it looks like she died right after the birth of her daughter.
Ladislas married Ernestine Bellisle - his baptism showed his mother's name as Alma and his marriage indicated Edmond as her first name.  I think I would take the record of her burial under Edma as truer.
Leona married 08 Feb 1915 at Chrysler to Ovila Lebrun.
Didn't find a baptism record for Leo Landry as of yet.

Guess this was all found before
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=641717.9

Offline Nadine Doktor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 May 18 05:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much for your responses as it has really helped. I have joined Ancestry and have found a 3rd cousin who has traced our Landry family back to my 8th great grandfather. Hopefully if the original poster comes online I can connect and fill in the blanks for them.  ;D ;D ;D