Author Topic: Jardine links  (Read 11564 times)

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jardine links
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 30 June 13 21:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Poets Girl and Lilyalice,

Both of you have only made 2 posts, but to use the PM system you need 3. So make another post each and you will be good to PM each other.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline Lilyalice

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 June 13 21:37 BST (UK) »
hi Poets Girl

That is right book

Lilyalice

Offline Poets Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 July 13 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Lilyalice, Tom says  we need three chats, so now that's three, so we can use the PM to send Emails, I would love your Auntie Jeans if poss. I am looking forward to comparing notes, hopefully Williams  Jardine the Draper ( Joseph the poets dad ) Mum and Dad were Joseph Jardine and Mary Hill,  who married in 1803, she will know better. Thanks for getting back in touch , I have loads of questions as to where every one went, its looking like Canada and the USA, Bye for now     

Poets Girl

Offline JJBJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 July 13 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Poets Girl
I was most interested to see that your grandfather was William Jardine, eldest son of Joseph Jardine of Croftheads Farm and later of Ednam Street, Annan. William Jardine was my grandfather too. That, of course means that we are first cousins. His wife Julia had a number of children by him, the youngest of whom is my mother. I am keen to find out where you fit in, with a view to exchanging family information.

Offline JJBJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 13 July 13 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hello again, Poets Girl
A correction. My mother was the second youngest. Douglas (Dougie) was the youngest.

Offline Poets Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 July 13 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi JJBJ

How fantastic ! Family at last ! I would love to know your Mum's name, I am struggling to find my dad's (now dead ) family .

My father was Albert , born 1914 he moved to the Midlands. Because we cannot access records after 1914, we are unsure of all his brothers and sisters.

We have Douglas as a younger brother to my dad on the family tree, any info you can give me of the family would be like gold dust and very much appreciated.

From your cousin Poets Girl

Offline JJBJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 July 13 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Poets Girl,
I know who you are now. In fact we met at your dad's funeral. I am the daughter of Josephine (Jossie). She was at the funeral too. I have a complete listing of all William's children and information on their descendents. What's the best way of communicating this to you in private?

Offline Poets Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 14 July 13 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi JJBJ,

I will send you my email address by Private Message (PM) on this forum if that's OK. We can then compare notes directly.

My brother took your Mum's telephone number at Dad's funeral but lost it and he thought her name was Wendy! and spent ages ringing up people in Scotland who are now very confused. He did say your Mum knew a lot about the family. He beat himself up for losing the number and then I beat him up too - ha ha.

Will PM my email to you now.

Poets Girl.

Offline Lilyalice1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 31 March 15 16:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Lilyalice1

I know it has be awhile since we had our first chat.  Mary Jardine she married Thomas Ferguson her brother was Joseph Jardine to poet. How is your tree growing my is just a little one but growing well. The Jardine's also came from Scotland. Hope to here from you so.