Author Topic: MacNeill (Gigha & Cara & Islay)  (Read 16970 times)

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: MacNeill (Gigha & Cara & Islay)
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 March 15 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello ammack,

I have one of those surnames connected by marriage - GALBRAITH. My 4x great grandmother, Mary GALBRAITH, was born 1784 (not sure where) and died Dec. 19, 1871 near Kilberry, Argyll. She was the daughter of Angus GALBRAITH and Elizabeth CAMPBELL. She was the wife of Angus MCMILLAN.

Mary
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 March 15 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Earliest I have is Donald Galbraith b c1790 & wife Elizabeth Smith (no marriage date)

9 children all born Gigha

Sorry  :(

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline mcneill1991

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 April 16 13:33 BST (UK) »
Hi just wondering if you had any information on a

Donald McNeill Born about 1871 Who was married to Catherine McNeill Maiden name Graham

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 03:59 BST (UK) »
Hi m1991,

Hi just wondering if you had any information on a Donald McNeill Born about 1871 Who was married to Catherine McNeill Maiden name Graham

I am assuming the marriage took place in Scotland?

The marriage will be on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk which is a pay-per-view site with the purchase of credits £7.00 = 30 credits, each index is 1 credit of £0.23p & the cert. avaiable to download, another 5 credits which will name the parents of both parties including mothers maiden names, addresses the marrying couple lived, ages, occupations & witnesses.....a lot of info. for a small amount of £.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"