Author Topic: Michael Coyle and Margaret McAnulty  (Read 2346 times)

Offline tomlinj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Michael Coyle and Margaret McAnulty
« on: Saturday 27 April 13 23:37 BST (UK) »
My ggg grandparents were Michael Coyle and Margaret McNaulty. This is how their names are written on their son's death certificate. Their son Edward was born in 1841 and married Rose Callery(Callary) on Nov. 28, 1865 in Drung Parish, Cavan.  They immigrated to Scotland shortly after their marriage. He died and was buried in Leith, Edinburgh. Death cert. info was provided by his son Michael.  He died in 1890. My uncle has told me that Edward was born in Donegal.  Rose's father's name was Mick/Michael Callery.
Any information I could get on Michael and Margaret, and Edward and Rose, their parents, place and dates of birth and marriage would be greatly appreciated.
Judy

Moderator Note: copyright image removed- you may post a small portion for deciphering purposes only

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Coyle and Margaret McAnulty
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 April 13 10:46 BST (UK) »
the marriage for edward and rose is listed on Family search.org 1620 to 1898 marriages it gives edwards age as 28 born 1837 and rose as 21 born 1844 and both fathers as Michael, no other info given.

Offline tomlinj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Coyle and Margaret McAnulty
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 June 15 21:19 BST (UK) »
As I stated in my original message, the date of marriage of Edward and Rose was Nov. 28 1865. This is according to birth record of at least one of their children.  Other children's birth give just 1865 or Dec, or Nov. 1865.  Their first children were twins born prematurely, July 18 1866 and died the same day.  I have the birth record.  I have the death cert. for both Edward and Rose, that lists both sets of parent's names.  Rose's parents, as per her death cert, where Michael Callary and Mary Naulty. Her original death cert. states her age as 44, and a widow. Died Oct 25 1896.
Edward died Nov 13 1890 and age at death is listed as 48.  His parents names are given as:  Michael Coyle and Margaret McNaulty.  Marriage record on familysearch.org gives his birth year as 1837 and age 28 when married, and Rose's birth year as 1844 and age 21.  If dates at death were correct, Rose would have been born in 1847 and only 18 when she married, and Edward would have been born in 1842 and 23 when they married.  I have census records for them for several different years, and the ages given give different birth years/ages. i.e. 1891 census for Rose gives her as age 50, birth year would then be 1841/2.  The 1871 census gives his age as 30 and Rose's age as 25, so 1842 and 1847 would work.  The 1881 census has him as 40 and Rose as 34, but this may only be off by time of census and birth date.  Having said all this, what I am looking for is birth records for Edward and Rose, and any info on their parents.  I know both father's names show up in Cavan for Griffiths Valuation.

Judy