Author Topic: Tauton History around late 1700s to early 1800s  (Read 631 times)

Offline ancestorsnoop

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tauton History around late 1700s to early 1800s
« on: Wednesday 01 May 13 19:10 BST (UK) »
Please, does anyone have access to the Taunton Courier, and Western Advertiser, Wednesday, 7 June 1905.  There appears to be an interesting article: TAUNTON & ITS TOWNSMEN.  It looks like this was first of a series of articles.  It mentioned inns & taverns and the owners and more. 

Celia

Waddoups - Northampton; Greaves/Gleaves- Birmingham; Sutton & Willie - Somerset & Devon; Sweeten/Sweeton - Ireland; Robert McKenzie - Scots Greys; Bradney/Bradley - Shropshire & Stafford; Aaron & Moses Williams - Pontesbury, Shropshire & Abersychan, Monmouth; Barham, Farnes, & Isacke - London; Odense County, Denmark; Gausdal, Oppland, Norway.

Offline dee-jay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Tauton History around late 1700s to early 1800s
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 May 13 04:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia

If you would care to contact me by PM with your email address, I may be able to assist.

I have an interest in the 19th Century coach travel practices in the West Country so the history of Somerset Inns and Taverns is significant to my personal research.
SOM/Chard/Combe St Nicholas/Ilminster:  Dean[e]/Doble/Jeffery/Burt;  DEV/Yarcombe:  Dean/Gill/Every; 
BRK/Newbury:  Westall/Green/Lewis/Canning;  WIL/Allcannings:  Hiscock/Amor;  Froxfield:  Hobbs/Green;  HAM/Kingsclere:  Martin/Hiscock/Westall;  WAR/Marton/Bubbenhall:  Glenn/Holmes;  STS/Yoxall/Hamstall Ridware/Barton-u-Needwood:  Holmes/Dainty;  STS/Brewood/Codsall/Penkridge/Hatherton:  Dean[e]; GLA/Aberdare:  Dean/Dane

Census information: Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk