Author Topic: Adobe going to subscription only after Version 6  (Read 13085 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe going to subscription only after Version 6
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 15 May 13 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Tommy

Would be interested to know how you've got around it as it's a very difficult to get rid of.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline tommyfromri

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe going to subscription only after Version 6
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 19 May 13 02:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Tommy

Would be interested to know how you've got around it as it's a very difficult to get rid of.

Gadget
Hi Gadget..in elements 9..I  duplicate layer in normal mode in layers panel-go to filter-noise-median- then set it for 1-5 depending on severeity the repeated pattern( such as newspaper dots, heavy texture etc )- then I go back to layers panel and click on opacity level and slide bar  left to fine tune the amount of the median effect..then I right click on that layer and either merge down or flatten image.. I had read it gave similar results as an fft filter.also when I googled fft filters for elements 9 it does show an fft plugin can be done with elements..but any of those free addons I avoid because they come with some sort of downside such as wanting to control what search engine I use and many other extra features I don't want just to download someone elses plugin.. also I sometimes use this effect in the luminosity mode as seems to be the topmost layer and doesn't disturb lower layers.. I can see the difference between modes normal and luminosity when I use the median noise reduction..Regards, Tommy