Author Topic: John P Jones  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John P Jones
« Reply #18 on: Friday 10 May 13 09:15 BST (UK) »
I've been trying to find the place mentioned on the 1901. it's definitely Pandy  but the second word could start with various letters - examples of S and L ont the snip but it looks like neither.  I've done a quick postcode search in cerrigydrudion but none of the Pandys have anything like this .

Gadget

Added - is it Tudwen  ???
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 10 May 13 09:40 BST (UK) »
The "nearest" I can think  of is  Pandy Tudur,but this is in the Llanrwst area.Maybe it is a house address rather than a town/village?

Regards
Roger

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 May 13 09:46 BST (UK) »
There are quite a few places listed on the map near Cerridydrudion that start with Pant or Pont.We have to remember the enumerator will have put down what he thought he heard!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 May 13 10:36 BST (UK) »
It could be Tudwr but not sure - I'm having great problems with loose wiring in the adapter on my laptop so it's not charging/connecting all the time. It might be worth going through the Cerrigydrudion censuses - 1861-71-81 to see if there is an address that might coincide. I started doing it but, until I get a new adapter, I can't spend much time online.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 10 May 13 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hi again

On a very slow desk top but I can confirm that the 1865 marriage  is correct.  Full details available through FindMyPast on  this link:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCPH-Q5Z

The date of the marriage (December 30)  means that it is likely that John P was born in 1866 and not 1865 - unless he was born before the marriage.

This is Mary in 1851:

HO107/2509/7/6

Gadget

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 10 May 13 12:22 BST (UK) »
For Cerrigydrudion baptisms(but not marriages and burials) the FindMyPast records appear to stop at 1846 which coincides with the Clwyd FHS publications:-

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/Cerrigydrudion/

Perhaps the record office at Ruthin is the only option?

Regards
Roger

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 10 May 13 12:48 BST (UK) »
They might not stop in 1846 - many of the FindMyPast Welsh parish records are a wee bit muddled - I've found quite a few that have been mis-indexed. There's a thread about it on the Merionethshire board but it applies to other counties as well. Also, given that John P seems not to use his P initial until the 1901 census, he might well not have been baptised as anything other than John  ::)

However, from the census ref that I gave, we know that Mary Roberts parents are David Roberts and Margaret, which will take Alison back another generation. It might be worth doing the same with John Jones, plasterer.

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 10 May 13 13:01 BST (UK) »
There's an interesting marriage in Cerrigydrudion in 1825

David Roberts and Margaret Wynne

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KCP4-1Q5   

The children on the 1851 were all born Cerrigydrudion

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 10 May 13 13:29 BST (UK) »
And a strong possible for Margaret and her older children in 1841:

HO107/ 1402/1/48/4

They're living at  Pant y Neadd, Cerrigydrudion

The Jane Roberts who appears on both the 1841 and 1851 was bapt Cerrigydrudion on 9 July 1837, d/o David and Margaret.

Gadget