Author Topic: William PEARCE of Innerleithen  (Read 34546 times)

Offline gmather

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William PEARCE of Innerleithen
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 17:01 BST (UK) »
Thought you might be interested. My sister found this picture of Winfred Stuart Pearce and Margaret (nee Lamont). The girl standing behind Margaret is Grace Jane, my grandmother. The picture was probably taken around 1915.

Offline Andrew M Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 26 May 11 15:50 BST (UK) »
Great photo Gary the Pearce's were a well turned out family we're very lucky to have photo's of our ancestors going so far back.  Did you see this older one of Winfred I think it was possibly your sister(Sandra) that recognised him as a younger man on my flickr page.

Offline joannes

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 22:51 BST (UK) »
Andrew, those pictures are amazing.  William Pearce is my husband's great great grandfather, and we are going to Innerleithen in July to visit his uncle and family  His father was William Clapperton, and ran the lemonade business in a shop behind their house where he still lives!  I can't wait to show my husband the photos, as well as the family in Innerleithen.  We live on Vancouver Island.  So great to see all these - thank you for posting.  It's too bad there aren't names to go with all the photos.  That would make things so much easier wouldn't it?! 
I will try to scan a few photos as well and post them.

Joanne

Offline Flissie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 11 January 15 05:03 GMT (UK) »
Dear Joanne - I read all the old posts on Roots chat forum and was thrilled to know other relatives of Wm Pearce are into genealogy.  I see you are on Vancouver Is.  There were 3 brothers who went to Canada - you have said Jim and Ned and also Richard (Dick) Richard died whilst travelling - he died of haemorrhaging of the lungs on 02 Oct 1909 age 35, unmarried I believe. Altogether I believe there were 8 sons and 2 daughters.  Boys - Frederick William (Bill), Francis George (Geordie), Richard (Dick), Winfred Stuart (Fred), Edward John (Ned), James Arthur (Arthur), Charles Albert (Charlie) and Joseph Henry (Harry). Girls were Alice Annie (Elsie) b 1869; and Mary Elizabeth who died in infancy 02 Oct 1878 (same day different year as Dick)  I have a photo with all of the family but Mary Elizabeth - although Francis George has been added in - it looks like it is taken in bat 1890's.   The family gravestone includes  -  Sarah died 29th May 1912 (My own father's 8th birthday, William died 1914 and sons Dick in 1909, Joseph Henry who died at Kilsyth 03 Dec 1912 aged 26 and Mary Elizabeth in 1878.  1912 was a very big and sad year for the family as Sarah died in May, Francis George (Geordie) and wife Isabella (nee Lumsden) and family set off on 14 June for Australia and then later Joseph Henry (Harry) died in December.                                                                                           William and Sarah are my great grandparents so I am one generation behind you!  My Grandfather was Francis George Pearce (B. 1870) who came out to Australia in 1912 and settled in Victoria.  They developed orchards in the Orrvale district with other new settlers.
Love to hear from you and any of the others posting - Cheers from a rellie in OZ - Isabel nee Pearce

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 12 January 15 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Flissie,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I am sorry but Joanne's emails have stopped working. I think that I may have found a possible contact so keeping fingers crossed it is the correct person.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Flissie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 January 15 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much Sarah - very good of you - fingers are crossed :)