Author Topic: Farnan family Ballyragget 1800-early 1900s  (Read 13751 times)

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Farnan family Ballyragget 1800-early 1900s
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 15:26 BST (UK) »
From a local survey "Householders 1906 Conahy Parish"  there is a Nicholas Farnan in Clinstown.  No other info given.  Ballyragget Parish and Conahy Parish are adjacent.     :)

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 19:22 BST (UK) »
From a local survey "Householders 1906 Conahy Parish"  there is a Nicholas Farnan in Clinstown.  No other info given.  Ballyragget Parish and Conahy Parish are adjacent.     :)

yes those parish's all show up in the various certs I have, the address of Clintstown also show up in the census records.

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 July 13 23:19 BST (UK) »
   hi grizzly   saw a list of FARNANS in transcriptions of Dunmore graveyard, Co Kilkenny.  They are at   www.from-ireland.net/free-gravestone-transcriptions/       This graveyard is situated between  Kilkenny city and Ballyragget.     Think there is something wrong about the dates of death - all 1905,  prob got mixed up with a ref no? for something else.   All the dates of death were 1905 in Bennettsbridge graveyard aswell!!   conahy

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 July 13 09:32 BST (UK) »
thanks conahy, I had come across that myself, thought it was a bit of a coincidence.
 Im wondering now would the bodies have been exhumed and reburied in that graveyard for some reason in 1905??

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 July 13 11:30 BST (UK) »
thanks conahy, I had come across that myself, thought it was a bit of a coincidence.
 Im wondering now would the bodies have been exhumed and reburied in that graveyard for some reason in 1905??
   No   dont think it was anything like that.   My own father died in 1993 and hes also down as 1905!  (in Bennettsbridge) on   "from-ireland.net"    website aswell.    conahy

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 21 July 13 18:46 BST (UK) »
   hi grizzly   saw a list of FARNANS in transcriptions of Dunmore graveyard, Co Kilkenny.  They are at   www.from-ireland.net/free-gravestone-transcriptions/       This graveyard is situated between  Kilkenny city and Ballyragget.     Think there is something wrong about the dates of death - all 1905,  prob got mixed up with a ref no? for something else.   All the dates of death were 1905 in Bennettsbridge graveyard aswell!!   conahy
    :) Hi grizzly   I read the Dunmore inscription today...Erected by Nicholas FARNAN of Knockroe in memory of his daughter Kate FARNAN who died 4th nov 1879 aged 16.  Also Mary FARNAN who died 6th april 1881 aged 24.  Also his beloved wife Margaret FARNAN alias HOYNE who died 21 Dec 1881 aged 66.  Mrs J. FARNAN died 30th May 1926 aged 63 years.  Her husband John died 7th Nov 1934 aged 79.  Their daughter Mary died 16th Dec 1963 age 77.  Rose died 6th Feb 1972 aged 84yrs.   Also Michael FARNAN died 26  Dec 1974.  James FARNAN  30..? 1978.   The grave is situated close to the pedestrian exit to the carpark.       conahy 

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 21 July 13 20:06 BST (UK) »
Conahy, cant thank you enough for that info, its more than I expected an should definitely tie up some looses ends..im based in Dublin, if you ever need anything similar checked out please don't hestitate to contact me..im in your debt.

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 21 July 13 22:51 BST (UK) »
 8) glad I was able to help and  thanks for your offer grizzly.      conahy

Offline pat49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 January 15 10:58 GMT (UK) »
It's a while since the last post on the above but I am just starting to look at the family tree. My Great Grandfather was John Farnan 1855 - 1934 and my grandfather was Nicholas 1885-1972 who moved to Cork in the early 1900s. I've seen the headstone in Dunmore and it would appear that Nicholas was my gt gt grandfather.  I'm not sure where Margaret 1888 or Catherine 1895 moved to but I believe that Thomas  1890 moved to Dublin but that's as far as I got.
There seems to be a lot of Farnans between 1800 and 1900 and I've been trying to establish a link between them so any assistance would be appreciated