Author Topic: Norman Faulkner Bent and Emily  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Feliss

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Norman Faulkner Bent and Emily
« Reply #9 on: Monday 20 May 13 11:50 BST (UK) »
Ian, thanks soooo much!

Offline Feliss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 12:02 BST (UK) »
I've hit a brick wall with this too:

Rosalie Clement Bent and her son Norman Hector Bent came to Sydney from London in 1910 or 1911 to join their husband/father however I can't find any trace of their journey.

They travelled back to the UK in 1912 or 1913 to care for a sick relative and then came back to Australia in 1916. I have details of the voyage London-Sydney in 1916 but not of their trip Sydney-London in 1912 or 1913. They may have travelled to/from Liverpool instead of London.

I'd be grateful for any info you may be able to give me.

Felicity

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 May 13 12:31 BST (UK) »

Rosalie Clement Bent and her son Norman Hector Bent came to Sydney from London in 1910 or 1911 to join their husband/father however I can't find any trace of their journey.

Hi

To narrow down your search: they had not left England by 2 April 1911 as they appear in the free 1911 census index (Birkenhead area).

See:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XW32-4M8

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XW32-4MF
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline LeahJordana

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 October 17 20:44 BST (UK) »
I am descended from Norman and Emily's youngest son Frank Cyril who was my grandfather on my Dad's side. Dad was his son Ronald and Norman was my Great Grandfather. Norman died in 1905.  Norman and Emily had 8 kids. My dad (Ron) knew absolutely nothing about his Dad's side, not even that during the war he was living with Welsh relatives on his mum's side. lol. Dad has vascular dementia now poor lamb but he would have been so excited to know about his Dad's side and all that I've found out. My grandfather, Frank Cyril was a right berk. He came back from the war with another woman and wanted them all to live together. My Gran said bollocks to that and off she went to join the NAVVI ,same as Auntie Pat, my dad's older sister who couldn't stand this new woman. Auntie Pat was 16 when she went off to join her Mum. Frank Cyril and his new woman Aggie Mary dumped Dad who was just 14 onto Dudley Dale and Dad was on stage from age 14 to 18 and then emigrated to Canada around 1950.  I've researched Norman's direct male line going right back to the end of the 18th century. Dad only had two girls of whom I am the eldest now at 63 so Norman's direct male line dies when Dad dies. My name is Leah (lay-ah) Jordana nee Bent. I live on Canada's west coast now.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline LeahJordana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 October 17 20:48 BST (UK) »
Norman and Emily had 8 children
Florence
Norman Frederick
Ethel Minnie
Harold
Emily Mildred
Getrude
Lilian Eva ( Auntie Lil)
Frank Cyril  ( my Grandfather)

Hope that this helps.

Offline LeahJordana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 22 October 17 20:59 BST (UK) »
I have posted on the roots website re Norman Faulkner, He was my great grandfather. I'm descended out of his youngest son Frank Cyril and I have quite a few records found so ask what you need to know. I personally had no idea that Norman Frederick emigrated to Australia but he shows up as an actor, 15 years of age in London on a census.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 23 October 17 10:14 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat LeahJordan, Feliss has been notified of your replies and was online a little earlier.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Feliss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 23 October 17 11:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Leah. It's lovely to hear from you.  :)

Do you know Adam Bent in Durham? He's another descendant, though I can't remember which of Norman Faulkner Bent's children he's descended from. I've also been in contact with two other descendants, though it was a while ago now. One was called Chris and was Adam's cousin, if I remember rightly. Will look up the details when I have more time. They're in the UK, though I'm in Australia.

Adam and I have chatted a bit on Facebook. He also didn't know what had happened to Norman Frederick. He'd done some family research but could never figure out where Norman went. Norman and his second wife did visit the UK in the 1950s.

I have all Emily and Norman Faulkner Bent's children listed as you have except for your grandfather. I never knew there was a Frank Cyril: I have an Arthur listed instead. Do you know anything about an Arthur?

Your grandfather does sound like an interesting character! My great-grandfather (Fred) was a very serious, unforgiving sort of fellow, although he liked to sing and seems to have adored his first wife. I'm 53 and remember him a bit from my childhood. He died when I was about 10.

Are you on Facebook? If so, we can chat that way, if you like. Otherwise, we can send private messages here on rootschat.

Nice to hear from you anyhow. Let's keep in touch.

Felicity

Offline LeahJordana

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 23:22 BST (UK) »
Feliss, I couldn't read Arthur's name properly in the 1891 census so thanks for that. Arthur W. Bent was born to Norman Faulkner and Emily, in Kennington St Mark London around 1885 and I haven't gotten around to all the kid's trees as yet, sorry but will let you know what information I can find once I do.  According to all the census'  I could get my hands on, they had 9 kids in total. My grandfather Frank Cyril would never have known his brother Norman Frederick as NF left England for Australian when he was 15 years old, before FC was born. NF was, like his father, an actor in London.  I am trying to find a census in the early 20th century that will show him back in England because I believe that he did go home eventually. I am on face book but can't remember my name there LOL  If we share Norman Faulkner as our Great Grandfather then we are indeed blood cousins! :) I just turned 63 this past August. I sent you a private message.