Author Topic: Mary Evans of Shrewsbury, c. 1860s  (Read 2308 times)

Offline philjo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mary Evans of Shrewsbury, c. 1860s
« on: Friday 10 June 05 12:58 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the death/burial of Mary EVANS. it would be sometime 1854-1871.

Her husband, Richard Evans died in 1854, and they were living in Coton Hill. (st Mary's parish) - he was buried in St Michael's churchyard.

Mary was born, c 1800-1801.

I have checked the St Mary's, St Michael's and St Chad's burial entries whilst at the SOG in London last week, and couldn't see anything.

I suspect she may be in the General cemetery, as this opened around this period, and I haven't got ready access to the burial records for the cemetery.

I _think_ I have found Mary on the 1861 Shrewsbury census - she is on her own, occupation laundress.

I can't find her on the 1871 census.

As the ages are not listed on the GRO death indexes for most of this period, I can't identify a likely entry from that.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who might have any relevant information.

many thanks,

Jeremy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.