Author Topic: Scott family Help needed PLEASE  (Read 3207 times)

Offline buddysmum

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Scott family Help needed PLEASE
« on: Tuesday 21 May 13 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hi can any one help me    I have a 3x great grandfather and mother who was born in County Mayo
My great grand father was called William Scott born in 1776 and grand mother called Lavenia ? born in 1781  The say they was married there but then move on to Pembrokeshire in Wales with the Army and was at the Docks there He dies there in1861 and her in 1858 They dint seem to have gone back to Mayo
What i would love to know is there any way to find out more about them ( ie )  birth place, marriage , parents , and place they was from
Thank you so much if you can help to push me to the right place
eves/eve/ellmer/ elmer/wisdom/isted/stead/page/forster/scott/young/
holmes/chown and many many more

Offline Bowclue

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scott family Help needed PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 September 15 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hello, I'm from Canada and I'm looking for SCOTT'S in County Mayo in the 1770's and say you have a William Scott born in that area and time period do you know of any of Williams sibling's or parent's names .......My GGGGrandfather was named Luke Scott and he was born in the Killala-/Balina area in about 1779 . He was in the military and had a family wife Mary and 6 children, Matthew John, Robert, Ann, Ellen, & Jane, all born in the space of 1801-1819.......Please I would like to know of other Scott's that were in this area at that time as we might be related. Bowclue
Carroll, Scott, Baird,