Author Topic: Smith Family - help needed (topics merged)  (Read 16645 times)

Offline ak1326

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
need help looking for any smith family
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 29 September 13 20:24 BST (UK) »
hi my family are a puzzle im looking for any smiths living in chesterfield area who was relation to my mum   her maiden name was annie smith dob 12/01/1924   dod 20/05/1995 she ad a sister nancy smith dob 1920 maried a swindon dod 1979 sister marjorie smith dob 1918 dod 1973 also brother charles fredrick smith dob 1916 n dod 1984 he ad a son charles fredrick smith dob 1959 dod 2013 i no he as a brother n sister still living locally i think and a daughter n son other than that nothing to go on as any one got any ideas would be really helpfull my mums father was william smith dod 1950s n as far as i no is wife was amy ashton dod 1950s thats all im aware of not much to go on im afraid but help would be very much apprieciated                                                                                                                                                       

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: need help looking for any smith family
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 29 September 13 20:40 BST (UK) »
my mums father was william smith dod 1950s n as far as i no is wife was amy ashton

Do you have a copy of your mothers birth cert?  I think you may need to confirm her mothers name and maiden name as there is no 1924 birth match to a mmn of Ashton and no Smith/Ashton marriage matching the details given

Were all the children b Derbyshire
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 29 September 13 20:46 BST (UK) »
The only Amy Ashton marriage to a Smith was in Warwickshire 1914 and he was Henry Smith
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 30 September 13 12:09 BST (UK) »
The only Annie Smith birth, mmn Ashton, born 1924 was registered in the June quarter 1924 in Blackburn, Lancashire.   However, cannot tie in the births of the siblings you mention.

As CaroleW suggests, you need to get your mothers birth certificate to confirm parents names.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 30 September 13 15:51 BST (UK) »
Incorrectly transcribed as Mancy - Nancy Swindon died 1981 - not 1979 and was b 27.12.1921

Given that her birth would not have been registered until the New Year - there is a birth on freebmd in the March qtr 1922 in Chesterfield and mothers maiden name is White

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 30 September 13 15:58 BST (UK) »
Births September qtr 1916 

Marjorie Smith mmn  White  Chesterfield  7b 1337

Births March qtr 1924 

Annie Smith mmn White  Chesterfield  7b 1249

Offline ak1326

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
my grandmother on my mums side
« Reply #33 on: Monday 28 October 13 18:08 GMT (UK) »
hi would love sum help im luking for my parents on my mums side i recently got her birth certificate but still stuck my gran was annie white and she married a william smith they both died in chesterfield b4 i was born i believe in 1950s but not sure of date where they got married or where born i dnt no alot apart from my mum was born 12/01/1924 and ad siblings 2 sisters nancy smith n marjorie smith n three brothers i believe plz any help would be appreciated alot xx

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: my grandmother on my mums side
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 29 October 13 19:56 GMT (UK) »
I have asked the moderator to merge all 3 posts to avoid duplication of efforts.