Author Topic: John Moore & Sarah Graham of Corranewy  (Read 8097 times)

Offline Morgan135

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Moore & Sarah Graham of Corranewy
« on: Saturday 25 May 13 21:30 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any info on John Moore of Corranewy, Ireland. He was married to Sarah Graham. His daughter, Christina Moore married Robert Lee (son of James Lee of Kilmore West) on 12/2/1853. I have hit a dead end in my research for my Irish ancestors. I know that the above names are the parents of Christina Moore (my great-great-great grandmother) but I have no birthrates, death dates, marriage, siblings, etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Moore & Sarah Graham of Corranewy
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 May 13 23:04 BST (UK) »
www.rootsireland.ie (pay site) have records for Monaghan

Offline gmoore186

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 February 14 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have an Andrew Moore b.1833 in Monaghan, his father is John Moore b. abt 1797 also Monaghan and mother Sarah Graham. Father details appear on both Andrew's death certificate and the 1881 Census (both records in Scotland) and mother's name on death certificate. Andrew married in Chicago, Illinois in 1855, then all children were born in Scotland or Ireland, clearly as a housepainter he moved between the two countries. Needless to say when a search returned John and Sarah my curiosity is raised, it's the first connection I have found apart from mine.

Hope you are still watching this message board and can respond.

(Andrew) Gordon Moore

Does anyone have any info on John Moore of Corranewy, Ireland. He was married to Sarah Graham. His daughter, Christina Moore married Robert Lee (son of James Lee of Kilmore West) on 12/2/1853. I have hit a dead end in my research for my Irish ancestors. I know that the above names are the parents of Christina Moore (my great-great-great grandmother) but I have no birthrates, death dates, marriage, siblings, etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 21:27 GMT (UK) »
"Does anyone have any info on John Moore of Corranewy, Ireland. He was married to Sarah Graham. His daughter, Christina Moore married Robert Lee (son of James Lee of Kilmore West) on 12/2/1853......"  in Ematris Church, Rockcorry. There are Moore and Lee g/stones there  and Archie Moore's gravestone there also connects to Killeevan where there is also an Archie Moore g/stone...these also connect to Moores who went to Illinois in late 1700's and some of their sons returned to marry..then return to Illinois, these Moores came back and forward and even after some sons married and returned to Illinois they came back to Ireland every 10 years.

Wouldn't have what you need but Killeevan and Ematris could be worth looking at.
http://www.igp-web.com/IGPArchives/ire/monaghan/photos/tombstones/markers.htm might get g/stones...
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Hollar69

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello. I may be able to help a little Christine Leonard is also my ancestor. Her daughter Mima Lee (Cue) is my nana's mother. Yes they did live in the home in Worcester Mass, which my uncle still resides in now. I have traced some ancestry and have some pictures including some of Mima

Offline Hollar69

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I think I replied in the wrong area. First time on here. Sorry!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 March 15 19:48 GMT (UK) »
The Lee g/stone at Ematris is a Lee from Kilmore... and the Moore plot is just marked Moore
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline anniehadden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 August 15 20:52 BST (UK) »
You wrote: << Christina Moore married Robert Lee (son of James Lee of Kilmore West) on 12/2/1853>>

What church/denomination & place (town/parish?) did Christina marry in? Was Corranewy her residence and John Moore was named as her father in that marriage record? How old was she at that time? It will make a big difference in finding the correct Moores and Grahams.

I have notes on Grahams in several parts of Co. Monaghan, including Aghabog, Killevan, Clones & Donagh parishes.

Regards,
Annie

Offline gmoore186

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Annie - You indicate you have notes on some Graham's in Co Monaghan. Are there any Sarah Graham in your records?

I am descended from great (x3) grandfather John Moore b. around 1797 Co Monaghan m. Sarah Graham b. date and place unknown. They had a son great (x2) grandfather Andrew b. 1833 Co Monaghan.

Andrew had moved to Chicago by 1855 where he married before moving back and forth between Scotland and Ireland. Place of birth in a number of Scottish censuses indicates Co Monaghan for both John and son Andrew.

So if you have any info on any Sarah Graham's it could help me.

Regards

Andrew Gordon Moore