Author Topic: Alfred Rollason born July 1824 in Eastbourne, moved to Cornwall  (Read 3389 times)

Offline RollasonHistory

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Rollason born July 1824 in Eastbourne, moved to Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 March 14 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning

I've sent your information to my Sister Amanda.  She is looking into the History of our Ancestors.  Hopefully will get back to you.

Jonathan V Rollason

Offline Amanda Thompson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Rollason born July 1824 in Eastbourne, moved to Cornwall
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 October 15 10:30 BST (UK) »
hi Alfred is my grandad too..i was born in Penryn,and visited Mylor all my life really..there is a wonderful headstone dedicated to alfred and his wife elizabeth in mylor cemetery..he became head farmer at Tregarrick House.he died in april 1908 at the age of 87yrs according to the tombstone..i managed to look him up in a local directory,on a free ancestry .co. weekend..which stated he was head farmer..the headstone is quite large,he must have done well..alfred's son edwin was my great grandad,then my grandad was harold,to my dear dad Edward Victor Rollason..i now live strangely (we had no idea there was family here)in Sussex.there is a small airport near Eastbourne owned by  a Rollason family..must  be from the children that stayed there..as far as i can tell they lived near Ewhurst near Eastbourne..i hope thats helpfull..x