Author Topic: Looking for any Carroll family who moved to Salford/Manchester ~ early 1900s  (Read 4135 times)

Offline laydeejo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for any Carroll family who moved to Salford/Manchester ~ early 1900s
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 22:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for this - I'll go and dig deeper - with names like stephens and Johns and a surname of carroll, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Thanks for all your help and pointing me in the right direction!

Jo

Offline nethway8

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for any Carroll family who moved to Salford/Manchester ~ early 1900s
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 23:44 GMT (UK) »
My family, Carroll (3 times grandfather) called Daniel born 1831/2 in Ireland,
His father called Richard Carroll born 1807 approx, .
Daniel married Bridgitt Murry/Murray at St Wilfred's church Hulme, Manchester. Their son Stephen born 1865 married a Margaret Fannon in. st Mary's Church Oldham Lancashire.Margaret died in child birth in 1888 Stephen left for The United States the same year, leaving his one remaining son Daniel with his grand parents to bring up, Daniel married Mary Tunnicliffe 1904 .Daniel died 1915 in France ( War) aged 32 years leaving three sons and another baby on the way ( my father). Stephen who went to America died in New York and is buried there in the Holy cross Cemetary he was aged 32. Hope this Carroll family helps you.