Author Topic: Another Jones Marriage!  (Read 7880 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Another Jones Marriage!
« on: Friday 31 May 13 19:55 BST (UK) »
Possibly another of my Jones family from Flint is an Edward Jones who married a Margaret Rowlands at Bistre Emmanuel in 1864.I say possibly as several Trees on Ancestry link him to my Jones family.As for myself I'm a bit in the don't know camp for now!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Another Jones Marriage!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 May 13 20:07 BST (UK) »
If it helps the marriage was on 30 April 1864 Edward Jones is listed as 20 Batchelor Engineer of Bistre with father Thomas Jones Blacksmith.

Margaret Rowlands was 19 a spinster of Bistre with father Edward Rowlands  Shoemaker

Witness Emos?? Jones and Mary Jane Jones

Kay

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 May 13 20:19 BST (UK) »
It helps very much thanks Kay.Whilst it shows that the Edward is not part of my family,nonetheless I don't see any sign of any of the family members after 1871 when they are living in Swan Lane Flint-RG10/5644/68/31.The Trees concerned with this entry on Ancestry give all sorts of entries after this date!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 June 13 14:54 BST (UK) »
Continuing with this rather troublesome Jones family!I gave the 1871 Census entry for the family of Edward and Margaret Jones.Would anyone say that this family in 1881 living in Buckley Flintshire,at least the children,are the same as in 1871?
RG11/5507/141/16.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 June 13 16:46 BST (UK) »
The "extra" children all look attributable to William and Catherine Jones of The Square Bistre,with William given as "engine driver".
I think Catherine is with the early children in 1871 at RG10  5647  58  10
Interestingly,I think William is at RG 10  5649  32  16,a son in law to Margaret Rowland,but I suspect this is just a coincidence(this conclusion has been modified.)
Regards
Roger

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 June 13 19:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roger,it seems rather sneeky two Margaret Rowlands' whose daughter's both married a Jones and both living in the Buckley area!However it does show that the Jones families are different.

The object of all this is to try and determine who the Catherine Jane Jones was who is showing as married to a John Jones in the 1901 Census in Buckley-RG13/3378/27/45.The difficulty is that I can't find their marriage anywhere.

I only became involved with these families as the people with them in their Trees on Ancestry wrongly included some of my Jones relatives from Flint connected with the Catherine Jane born c 1868.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 June 13 00:34 BST (UK) »
I'm sure you probably know,but it is likely the problem arises because there are two Catherine Jane Jones baptisms in Bistre in 1867,One to Edward/Margaret(Sept),one to William/Catherine(Dec).
Both Edward and William are given as Engineers,abode Argoed as well.
Can Catherine Jane/John be identified separately or together on the 1891 census?Are they in America?
Is it possible that the marriage took place in America as Robert was born there?

Regards
Roger

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 02 June 13 09:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roger,yes I've even gone to the extent of simply searching on Ancestry for a Catherine Jones simply born in wales but could not find one on any Passenger List that would fit.Another thing I have tried is to look for a possible marriage for the other Catherine Jane Jones for elimination but nothing definite is showing up.

There is a Civil Marriage showing in the Holywell District in 1888 for a simply Catherine Jones and a John Jones,also a Civil Marriage for a largely elusive character an Alfred Thomas and a Catherine J Jones in 1886.i believe this Alfred was born in the Hawarden area in c 1864.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 June 13 09:54 BST (UK) »
Yes,I've looked at all those as well.
Again,you may have looked at this,but there is either another remarkable set of coincidences or something strange is going on as follows:

1871  5644  68  31  (Edward and Margaret as previously)
1881  3568  172  25(Arthur and Margaret  with a Jane Joy Jones,baptismal record to Edward/Margaret,but no sign of a second marriage to an Arthur)
1891  2871  147  8(Arthur and Margaret,child born in Parkgate,Neston)
1898  Death of Margaret Jones aged 53 in 1898 in Wirral district
1901  3378  27  45  (John and Catherine with Ada/Edith born circa 1898 in Neston)

Perhaps Margaret's daughter was with her mother at this period?It would also reinforce that this Catherine was the daughter of Edward/Margaret

For completeness Arthur  is at Brymbo in 1901  5221  32  19

and,if you have access to the 1911 census he is given as Arthur Joy Jones! - very strange

Regards
Roger