Author Topic: HENDERSON Enniskillen, Fermanagh  (Read 34363 times)

Offline ontchick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HENDERSON Enniskillen, Fermanagh
« on: Friday 10 June 05 22:23 BST (UK) »
Would like to find information on James Henderson born abt. 1816 in Enniskillen.  He immigrated to Ontario, Canada abt. 1835.  His brother John immigrated in 1837.
Unfortunately that's all the info I have  ???......not much to go on but try anyway...lol.

Happy searching all,  Ontchick
Scarr (Yorkshire-North); Tipper (anywhere England); Fleming (Perth, Scotland); McDougall (Argyll, Scotland); Cole (England); Francis (England/Germany); Beagan and Madigans (Ireland); Ferrier (Angus, Scotland)

Offline FINGREAGH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HENDERSON Enniskillen, Fermanagh
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 March 06 23:23 BST (UK) »
THERE WERE A NUMBER OF HENDERSONS IN THE PARISH OF MAGHERACROSS AND BURIED IN THE CEMETRY THERE  THIS WOULD BE ABOUT 15 MILES FROM ENNISKILLEN  JOHN

Offline Soopy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 August 06 23:19 BST (UK) »
There was also a Ann Henderson who married James Copeland. They lived in Lisbella(w). He was my gr gr gr grandfather. I dont have much info on him...but I am told there is alot on Hendersons.
Armstrong- Innishmore,Co Fermanagh;Omagh Co Tyrone; Dumfrieshire,
 Scotland; New York, US.
Jardine- Dumfrieshire,Scotland.
Buchanan- Omagh Co Tyrone; NY US.
Copeland- Lisbellaw &Enniskillen,Co Fermanagh;Co Monaghan; NY,US: Melborne, Austr.
Henderson- Lisbellaw, Kesh Hill, Co Fermanagh; Co Monaghan.
Montgomery- Innishmore, Co Fermanagh.
Edmonds-England; NY US.
Newland-England; NY US.
Kingsley- Troy & NYC, NY.
Moroney/Maroney-Galway,Ire;NY,US
Russell-Foxfort,Tipperary,Ire ;NY,US
Darcy-I

Offline DeanNH

• RootsChat Member
  • W. Davidson 1922 Arrived Ellis Island from Belfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 March 07 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I Descend from Robert Henderson (I believe his wife may have been Margaret) who had a son George married (2nd) in 1850 Mary Jane Chittick in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Ireland.  They had William James, Stephen, Joseph and Anna Margaret (my great grandmother).  They were members of the Parish of Magheracross.  Do you think any connection?
Davidson - Belfast<br />Jackson - Belfast and Tartaraghan, Armagh<br />Henderson - Ballinamallard, Fermanagh<br />Chittick - Ballinamallard, Fermanagh<br />McCabe - Kilwinning, Ayr, Scotland, Monaghan and Antrim Ireland<br />McQuaide/McQuade - Belfast<br />Whaley - Kilwinning, Ayr, Scotland, Monaghan and Antrim Ireland

Offline Soopy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 August 07 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
I just noticed that next to your "Hendersons" you have Ballinmallard, Co Fermanagh. I have Anne Henderson b 1754 who married James Copeland. Info that I have on Anne states her family was fron Cash/Kesh Hill near "Ballinmallard". Here is a qoute from info I have thru Copeland references..........

".....The daughter of Mr and Mrs Slack was married to a Mr Thomas Mitchell near Monaghan. They had 6 daughters and 1 son, their eldest daughter was married to Mr Henderson of Cash (Kesh?) Hill near Ballinmallard......and their daughter Anne was married to Mr James Copeland and resided  first in Lissorty near Clones, ........(then) Lisbellaw four miles from Enniskillen, about 1776."

A little close huh? I wonder if there is a connection somewhere. I have info on the children of James and Anne and further down Copeland line....but am searching for Anne's line.

Sue in NY
 Scotland; New York, US.
Copeland- Lisbellaw &Enniskillen,Co Fermanagh;Co Monaghan; NY,US: Melborne, Austr.
Edmonds-England; NY US.
Newland-England; NY US.
Darcy-I

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 August 07 18:03 BST (UK) »
Ontchick- have you traced your Hendersons (the two brothers) in Canadaian records (census, death certificates, newspaper obituaries, local histories, etc.)? It is very difficult to search for ancestors in Ireland without more information and the surname Henderson is very common and many parts of Ulster and Fermanagh.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline goodies

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 March 10 22:09 GMT (UK) »
I am related to a James Henderson born in Enniskillon who married a Mary Agnes Walker and immigrated to Wardsville Middlesex County Ontario in the mid 1850s.

I have been unable to trace his ancestory but Mary was the daughter of Ebenezer Walker from Ireland no other info on which county they came from.

James and Mary Henderson had 7 children Christopher Benn my Great Grandfather, Ebenezer, James, Maryann, Charlotte, Thomas and Alice.

Christopher Benn Henderson married a Mary Agnes Stinson Freeman, and farmed in the Minitonas Manitoba area in 1898 with brothers Ebenezer and James.

Christopher and Mary had 6 children William J, my grandfather, Roy, John, Gladys, Rose and George.

Any information on James and Mary would be appreciated.

Thank you

Offline FINGREAGH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 16 August 10 23:45 BST (UK) »
I have phtographed quite a few grave in Magheracross old cemetry and they are available for anyone to look at. If their is any interest I can add more.  The only thing I ask is that if you find any that you like, that you record the inscription underneath.  All the Hendersons are included.  If you google the words Flickr and magheracross Fermanagh you should find them  I have some other graves on other flickr sites as well

Offline Soopy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Fin
   I tried what you said and it DID NOT come up?
 Scotland; New York, US.
Edmonds-England; NY US.
Newland-England; NY US.
Darcy-I