Author Topic: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather Thomas Wilson, Lacky Blacksmith,Cclones  (Read 3365 times)

Offline kernowbull

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
 Can anyone help ,I know he married Anne and my gtgt grandfather was John wilson and he was
baptised in 11/09/1840

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather Thomas Wilson, Lacky Blacksmith,Cclones
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 12:48 BST (UK) »
http://familysearch.org

christening 13.9.1840 Birth 11.9.1840
Indexing C70068-1 Film 08974161T1

Offline burton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather Thomas Wilson, Lacky Blacksmith,Cclones
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hi ,my  gt. gt gt. grandfather was Thomas Wilson and his wife was called Ann she was born in Ireland, my gt gt grandmother was Jane Wilson and she married a George Brookes.i know Jane had about 5 siblings all born in Ireland ,and her youngest brother called George who was born in Manchester,i don't know if there is a connection to your Wilson family.

regards
Beryl.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 14:00 BST (UK) »
a Thomas Wilson (blacksmith) was involved in building the Lisrace Forge
http://www.nmni.com

type in search box: Lisrace Forge

Offline burton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 16:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you,i clicked on to your link it was very interesting,my Thomas  Wilson was born abt.1799  united states British subject on the 1851 census. On the 1841 census it tells us he was born Foreign Parts.
his wife Anne was born Ireland .I don`t think we will ever find out about him,we will keep searching.

regards.
Beryl