Author Topic: Tammy married her daughter off - ELLINgTON Family  (Read 57110 times)

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Tammy married her daughter off - ELLINgTON Family
« Reply #27 on: Friday 21 June 13 15:02 BST (UK) »
Hello John,

Good picture. Thanks for posting that. What's her name?

The bad news is that when you see the term "Administation Bond" in the probate papers, it means that the person died intestate and there is no will so no more information than what is in the probate listing.

The person claiming to be legal next-of-kin and therefore entitled/authorized to take charge of deceased's estate had to put up a bond to prove sincerity - much like the marriage bonds of the time. If it should turn out that that person was *not* the proper person to have administration of the estate, the bond  was forfeit, just as, if there was any legal impediment to the proposed marriage (consanguinity, imbecility, one partner already married etc.), the marriage bond sum was forfeited. Sort of the authorities saying "If you mess around with us and waste our precious time, it's going to cost you BigTime!"

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 21 June 13 16:53 BST (UK) »
She is the ' Etoile de France' built 1938  - 220 tons  - 39.9 mts L

If I can find one that David might have said " yes I'll sail that one " - then I will post it also, but am still busy sorting out many photos, as while up in Normandy, was also chasing wife's Huguenot ancestors, graveyards - temples etc !!

Best

John

p.s. Thanks for clearing that up must rush out and make a will !!!!!!!!
Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)
Macaire. Eusebe. Boitel. Beaulieu. Gordon. Tillman. Fear. Wood.
 ( London/ Middlesex & Devon )

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 24 June 13 03:27 BST (UK) »
Hello John,

Thank you for the email ... I think. I have been switched (unwillingly) to !*%New*%! Yahoo Mail and this Linux laptop can't do anything with it, so I don't know what you wrote to me.

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 24 June 13 22:21 BST (UK) »
Still trying to find death of Thomasin's husband - Henry George Ellington -seems to be between 1830 and 1840- but having no luck so far - Liz if you are around could you look into your cristal ball please, mine doesn't work !!

Best

John
Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 24 June 13 22:37 BST (UK) »
Back to the Goodsir family  talking ships thought David might have liked the sail plan on this one, not sure but think it is called the 'Marite' - French - and built in 1923. The oldest of the tall ships seems to be the 'Belem' built in 1896.

Best

John

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hello AMBLY

Do you by chance have the same info for Henry George Ellington Snr that you gave me for the Tillman and Tullick puzzle, as it will be sometime before I can get to U.K. and the LMA again please - the only ship I know that he was on (as Mate) was the 'Seaflower' in Dec 1821 ( when he married Tammy's daughter in Exmouth).

Best

John

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 28 June 13 21:55 BST (UK) »
Puzzle !!!
On the 4th May 1880 a two and a half year old boy died due to an accident in Mile End Road, South
Shields - his name was William Henry Goodsir.

So knowing the date  - the place of the accident - the name and age of the boy - the report also states - " the parents reside in Cleveland Street"

How can you find the names of the parents - as the boy is too young to have appeared on 1871 Census- IF THE PARENTS had not moved by the year following (1881) the accident, is there a way of finding who they were please ?

Best

John

Offline Westoe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 01 July 13 04:18 BST (UK) »
Hello John,

I would buy a copy of the child's death certificate or of his birth certificate.

Searching website "FreeBMD" for surname "Goodsir", district "South Shields", time frame "March 1875 to Dec. 1880" brings up the reference numbers for both his birth and death, Wilhelmina Hannah's birth, death of another William Henry Goodsir aged 29,  marriage of an Isabella Goodsir and marriage of a David Goodsir.

Cheers,
Westoe

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 17:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks Westoe

Think I had best go for the Birth Cert, as I know he died in Hospital, so I suppose parents won't be mentioned - but should at birth ?

Best

John