Author Topic: Alfred Green marriage 1848  (Read 1762 times)

Offline CarrollC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alfred Green marriage 1848
« on: Monday 03 June 13 23:27 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the marriage of Alfred Green (b. 1825, Kinver, Staff.) to Sarah Ann Glover (b. 1824, Stourbridge, Worc.) per BMD 1st Quarter 1848 in Worcester District.  There seems to be many church options in this District and not sure where to start.  Children are born 1-Stourbridge, 2-Dudley, 3-Birmingham, 4-8 in Stourbridge, all matching BMD.  Can't find parish records for the children either for exact dates.
Parents of Alfred are Edward and Elisabeth Green.  He is out of the household in the 1841 Census as apprentice in Trysull, Staff..  Don't know if he is the son of Edward Sr. and Elizabeth or Edward Jr. and Elizabeth in Kinver.  Both families in the 1841 Census in Kinver.  That's another issue.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Green marriage 1848
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

It might be that you have to invest in the certificate to solve this one. It should (no promises!) give an occupation for the father of the groom, provided he is still alive at that time.

Finding a marriage without knowing which church can be a needle in a haystack job!

Kind regards, Arranroots :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline CarrollC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 04:12 BST (UK) »
I wish occupation would help.  Alfred is a Blacksmith.  That was his apprenticeship and also listed on the later census records for him married with family.  I find Alfred and Sarah living with her parents.  His father, whichever Edward it may be, was a wheelwright.  But thanks for a reply.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 07:53 BST (UK) »
In case you don't have the christening  :-\
Alfred Green
18 June 1827
Kinver, Staffordshire
Father Edward Green
Mother Elizabeth
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hello again

If you can find where the family are on the census (using occupation to get the right parents) and baptised their children, it might narrow down where they married. Especially if you can find other siblings marriages more easily. Just a thought.

Kind regards, Arranroots :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline whocares

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 October 17 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

I have an interest in the Green family tree, I will have a look for you and see if I have anything of help regards Alfred's marriage. Your experience is however mine (I suspect), many christenings in a large family but difficult to find marriages.