Author Topic: Roberts Family of Fachwen and Llandeiniolen  (Read 24968 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts Family of Fachwen and Llandeiniolen
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 June 13 13:32 BST (UK) »
The transcription of John Roberts,Llanfaglan who died in 1826 gives him as 30 years old.However,looking at the original image where the first number is partially obscured,30 seems  very unlikely.60 or 80 seem more likely,with 60 giving a reasonable fit with the theory.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 June 13 14:48 BST (UK) »
The John Roberts will also mentions a son Robert.The only Robert Roberts baptised in Llanfaglan to a John and Margaret that I can find is baptised 1775,ruling out John Roberts born/baptised in the 1760s as his father.Further,by the date of the will,1826 shouldn't Jane Roberts be Jane Daniel on my speculation?
There could,of course,be two different John Roberts...........

The date of baptism of the Robert Roberts above reminds me that when doing a general trawl,looking at the 1832 will I noticed there was a bond for Robert Roberts of Blaen Cae in 1836,whose wife was Ann(e).In the census returns she looks born approx.1778(and possibly originally Anne Thomas) with the death of a Robert Roberts(1777-1836) looking appropriate.
There may be Blaen (y) Cae Uchaf and Isaf that fit the bill for the properties(as Foulk Roberts is in one Blaen Y Cae in 1841 and Ann(e) Roberts in the other.It looks like one of  her sons Hugh takes over the property,but sometimes it seems to be referred to as Ty Newydd Blaen Cae!.

Is this Robert/Ann(e) a known branch of the family,and,if so,how connected?

Regards
Roger

Offline Huwcyn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 June 13 18:42 BST (UK) »
The Robert (Robert) Roberts who died in 1836 was the son of the Robert Roberts who came there from Llanfaglan, by his first marriage to Mary Williams. He had a brother and sister called Hugh and Ann Roberts. Foulk Roberts was a half-brother of his, by the second marriage to Catherine Foulkes.
In passing : (1)Robert Robert Roberts had a son whom I've seen referred to in one place as Robert Robert Robert Roberts  !!
                  (2) He was older, by a decade, than his step-mother.

Owen , Parry , Pritchard, Foulkes  o Llanddeiniolen
Jones, Bellis o Sir Fflint
Williams o Beaumaris
Chambers o Dulyn
Rowlands o Tywyn

Offline welshpride

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 June 13 20:52 BST (UK) »
Would it be possible to send me a copy or image of that document, or include any written information.  The John Roberts I am interested in would've been 60 or 61 in 1826 (b. 1765).  I wonder also if there are death records that could shed some light on this man's life/death.  I would like to know anything I can about him.  If you would like my e-mail I can send it to you on Personal Message.

Steve

Offline welshpride

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 June 13 20:57 BST (UK) »
I would say it most likely that the will would've been written when she was still Jane Roberts, and after all, she had just been married in the summer of 1825, so there may not have been a thought to change the name in the will, given the death was within a year of the wedding and subsequent name change.

Offline welshpride

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 June 13 20:59 BST (UK) »
Oh, and by the way, when John Daniel and Jane Roberts had their son John Daniel, his middle name was Robert....

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 June 13 21:53 BST (UK) »
If it's the will you are after the search form is here

http://cat.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon

Use search terms
Date: 1827-1827 then "Save"
Name: John Roberts
Township: Ty Newydd

This should bring up the correct document.Click on "Image 1" etc to view

Regards
Roger

Offline welshpride

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 08 June 13 05:11 BST (UK) »
Huwcyn said:

The Robert (Robert) Roberts who died in 1836 was the son of the Robert Roberts who came there from Llanfaglan, by his first marriage to Mary Williams. He had a brother and sister called Hugh and Ann Roberts. Foulk Roberts was a half-brother of his, by the second marriage to Catherine Foulkes.

I read this and wanted to point out that one of Jane Roberts principal relatives to settle here in Wisconsin was named Hugh Roberts.  I am assuming it is the same one that is mentioned in your above statement.  I think I need to get ahold of a full tree for Foulk Roberts showing as many close relatives as I can and start feeding some of this into it.  I feel we are so close to nailing down who Jane Roberts parents are I can just sense it. 

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 09 June 13 23:08 BST (UK) »
I  think I have found the burial record for Margaret Roberts wife of John Roberts of Ty Newydd.She died in 1823 aged 81.This probably means John's record says 80 and rules him out as the son of Robert J E Roberts.

Regards
Roger