Author Topic: haggett  (Read 2029 times)

Offline culbaire

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: haggett
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 June 13 11:13 BST (UK) »
Could he have been born William Hackett and written down as it was heard on immigration? Plenty of William Hackett births registered in Ireland in 1868 and 1869.

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 June 13 14:27 BST (UK) »
William According to cemetery records  died Nov 21 1941 I did confirm this with the cemetery. The 1943 death is the son William. I am not sure where he died he is buried in Jefferson Memorial Park in Allegheny County Pa as is wife a son a daughter and a daughter in law. My connection to this family is through another daughter Olive who married one of my Scottish Drylie's. I was just hoping I could trace her family backwards but it is looking like that is not going to happen. I couldnt find military records but I wonder if he is a world war 2 casualty he wouldnt be listed on the death registry for Pa. I think I will keep on digging Thanks for the help and the replies this site has always been immensely helpful.   Beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 June 13 14:31 BST (UK) »
A newspaper obituary for William might give you some helpful details like where he died and where he came from.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline blent

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 January 16 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Beans,

I realize this is an old thread, but I stumbled on it looking for info on Olive Drylie (Haggett). She was my Grandmother.  I just started to lookup information on her husband Harold Drylie who I believe you mentioned was connected to your family. Any info you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.