Author Topic: burials in the old holy cross r/c church cemetary, whitwick, leicestershire.  (Read 663 times)

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi, i'm currently researching the cemetery gravestones { the graveyard is now unused and in private hands, i do have permission to be there by the owners} if anyone thinks they may have ancesters buried there please let me know and i will try to check for you. the cemetery is very overgrown and the gravestones are sometimes hidden or hard to read or completely missing but all the gravestones i have found i'm writting down the full grave insciptions and a plan of where they are in the cemetery.
Canal Families: James, Green, Wenlock. Fradley, Wood, Higgins, Eaden, Harrison, Jenkinson Hollinshead, Coulton, Caswell, Boswell and Bird.

Offline lainie3961

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: burials in the old holy cross r/c church cemetary, whitwick, leicestershire.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 October 15 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Don't know whether you still have the records you made [I didn't know there was a cemetery there!] - but I am hopeful that there may be some of my ancestors buried in the church cemetery - as the church has a stained glass window with one of my ancestors named.

Beckworth is the family name.

If you did come across any burials for my ancestors I would be grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks.

Elaine
Areas: Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Northamptonshire and Leicestershire.

Main Names: Wood, Taylor, Beckworth, Whysall, Hull [and many others when I go off on a tangent!! lol]