Author Topic: Patrick MacKle Ballymaguigan (Castledawson, Londonderry)  (Read 8455 times)

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick MacKle Ballymaguigan (Castledawson, Londonderry)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 February 15 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   Catherine Mackell was born on 28 Aug 1872 and her mother was Mary McEldoon.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 February 15 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    It may be of interest that a Bernard Young married a Lucinda Mackell in Magherafelt Roman Catholic church on 25 Aug 1845.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline DonnaMarie1982

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 February 15 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat,

As in the Census my Patrick was Living as a boarder Ive not found much out about him as yet. I'm actually visiting Magherafelt at the beginning of March to walk around the churchyards. I will keep an eye out for anything that might interest you while I am there :)

Donna

Offline Pat38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 February 15 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Thank you for replying to my message. Thank you for the details of James Mackell and Margaret Bell's Marriage in 1853. I have since found that Marriage on Emerald Ancestors. I think this James Mackell is the same one that married Mary McEldoon in 1869 after Margaret Bell died in 1865.
The Catherine Mackel that you found who was born 28 August 1872 to Mary McEldoon appears to be the one who went to Philadelphia in 1909 with Bernard Young also of Ballymaguigan. They married later in Philadelphia. Catherine Young died in 1947 in Philadelphia and on her Death Certificate it states that her father is James Mackle and Mary Mudoon (which I suspect is supposed to be McEldoon but I noticed that someone has an Ancestry Tree with her mother as Mary Muldoon).
What I can't figure out is that my Catherine was going to her brother John at Tucker Street, Philadelphia and when he died in 1915 it was stated on his Death Certificate that his parents were James Michael and Margaret Bell. Both John and Catherine were known as surname Michael in Philadelphia. On Catherine's Passenger Record it had "Katie Mackel" and "Mackel" had been crossed out and Michael was the surname.
I have found another James Mackell marrying a Mary Hurl on 26 May1850 in Magherafelt Roman Catholic Church. They had a daughter Catherine born 18 March 1866 and son John born 4 December 1868 but both children were born in Randalstown, Antrim. I found these records on Emerald Ancestors after purchasing some credits.
I can't see James Mackell & Margaret Bell having a son John or Catherine.
Thanks again for your help.
Regards
Pat Berry

Hi,
   29 Sept 1853 James MACKELL married Margaret Bell in Magherafelt Roman Catholic Church.

Regards
Higgins, Griffin, Duffy, Comer, Donnelly, Hearne, Henry, Woodside, Hague, Greaves, Davison, Mooney, Rockley, McKenna, Byrne, Berry & Barnacle.

Offline Pat38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 13 February 15 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Donna

Thank you for your reply to my message.
I will write to you tomorrow with details of anything I would like you to look up for me in Magherafelt.
Regards
Pat Berry

Hi Pat,

As in the Census my Patrick was Living as a boarder Ive not found much out about him as yet. I'm actually visiting Magherafelt at the beginning of March to walk around the churchyards. I will keep an eye out for anything that might interest you while I am there :)

Donna
Higgins, Griffin, Duffy, Comer, Donnelly, Hearne, Henry, Woodside, Hague, Greaves, Davison, Mooney, Rockley, McKenna, Byrne, Berry & Barnacle.

Offline Oneday

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 04 March 16 06:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have both Mackle and Young in my family tree, under the same parents/grandparents.

Are you still looking for some details to unravel your mystery.

If so let me know.

Thanks.

Offline Seeandfindhistory

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 April 19 21:16 BST (UK) »
I have found a Patrick Mackle born 11/11/1866 of John Mackle and Rachel McKeown.
Also Patrick Mackle born 24/1/1866 of John Mackle and Mary Jane Murray.
And another, Patrick Mackle born 20/7/1887 of Thomas Mackle and Margaret Corr, married 17.9.1885.
And finally, Patrick Mackle, born 20/3/1887, of William Mackle and Margaret Doyle, married 16/5/1886.
I'm sorry, this may not help at all.

Offline Pat38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 05 April 19 21:51 BST (UK) »
I have found a Patrick Mackle born 11/11/1866 of John Mackle and Rachel McKeown.
Also Patrick Mackle born 24/1/1866 of John Mackle and Mary Jane Murray.
And another, Patrick Mackle born 20/7/1887 of Thomas Mackle and Margaret Corr, married 17.9.1885.
And finally, Patrick Mackle, born 20/3/1887, of William Mackle and Margaret Doyle, married 16/5/1886.
I'm sorry, this may not help at all.
Hello
Thank you for replying to my message. Since I posted that message 4 years ago I have now got the Mackle/Michael's sorted.
Regards
Pat Berry

Offline Seeandfindhistory

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 05 April 19 22:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to find my Mackle GGGrandfather Hugh Mackle, born 1854. His Parents are listed in both his marriage and death certificates as Henry Mackle and Margaret Mackle. I have a Henry Mackle and Margaret Mackle married on 25/11/1853 with a hint that Hugh was baptised in Ballinderry Chapel but cannot confirm this. The next child of this union is Patrick born 12/08/1859. It seems a large gap between children? Were there more children in between? Were they baptised in Ballinderry also? Hugh moved to Glasgow where he married and had a family and ultimately died there. I am constructing my tree on Ancestry but few Mackle hints there apart from the above named Patrick. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.