Author Topic: Mydrim/Llangathen Parish Registers- LEWIS/WILLIAM/JONES  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
Mydrim/Llangathen Parish Registers- LEWIS/WILLIAM/JONES
« on: Monday 10 June 13 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hello all :)

I've gone as far back as I know how to online... It seems that although PRs pre-1750 or so do exist, the births aren't on any site that I've looked at and unfortunately I cannot travel and probably won't be able to for some considerable time, so I'm reliant on the good will of the wonderful people of this site.

I am back to my 5xgt grandparents now and obviously would like to try to get further, so I'm hoping someone can help me to locate the birth/christenings... I'm aware I'm getting back into perhaps impossible territory here, with little to go on datewise and especially since I suspect we may break into patronymics at any moment. I'll understand if anyone turns around and says "I don't think this is going to happen, sorry".

These are:
Mary LEWIS (of Mydrim) and William JONES (of Llangathen)
m. 1758 Mydrim (I have the marriage). One of the witnesses was a D Lewis, but I think at this point there is no evidence that is any relation! Their children are Henry, Thomas, John, Theophilus, Hester and David all JONES (last child 1771). I don't have any evidence for her age, but assuming she might have been 35-45 at the age of the last child, she might be most likely to be born 1726-36? I know nothing about William either aside from the fact he was a weaver from Llangathen... unfortunately I think I read that the Llangathen records are somewhat gappy and if he was born in one of those, I'm sunk.

Walter LEWIS (of Mydrim) and Amy WILLIAM (of Mydrim)
m. 1767 Mydrim (I have this marriage too). The only child I know if is Anne LEWIS 1774, Mydrim. In Walter's case, there is a nice looking burial in Mydrim Village for 1816 with an age giving birth at c1734, but unfortunately no other info. I know nothing about Amy at all but the lack of an S on the end of her name makes me rather suspect patronymics here. One of the witnesses to the marriage was a David WILLIAM but like with the other marriage, I don't suppose that means a lot.

Thanks for reading, and in advance to any kind person who goes to look, even if it is for just one of the above. Any help gratefully received :)