Author Topic: Garston (under the bridge) ** Hart ** Harrison Doolan and Mcnamara families  (Read 21817 times)

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Garston (under the bridge) ** Hart ** Harrison Doolan and Mcnamara families
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 June 13 11:01 BST (UK) »
My Dads sisters married locals with surnames
Judd
Millea
Moorhead
Thomas
Angela, Perth, West Australia.

Harrison: Garston (L'pool), Dublin, Athlone, (Irl), Madras/Chennai and Burma (British India/India) and Sth Africa, and Australia.
Hart: Garston and Woolton (UK), Roscommon (Irl).
McC(h)rystal: Garston, Wigan, Desertmartin (Nrthn Irl), Canada, USA, Australia
Miller: Garston and ?Ireland/?Wales
Jones: Garston and ?Ireland/?Wales
Boyle: (Derry, Irl)
Gill: Garston L'pool UK, and Ireland.
Cannon: Woolton and Roscommon
Callaghan: Unknown.
And more.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 June 13 11:15 BST (UK) »
My name is Allan Oakes ...dad was les Oakes - brothers Danny /Jimmy - sister Vera ...Allan McCrystal is a good friend of mine - he used to live on Mather Avenue - I heard he split from his Mrs - I presume when he split he went back to his dads house ..I didn`t know that .....my brothers your dad might know - Glynn /Keith /Steven Oakes- cousin Bert Savage ( his mum was Ruth Oakes ...Evan Oakes / Billy Oakes ...loads of them ...dad lived Clarence Grove - then Moss Street ....mum was an Anson from Otway Street ...as a kid I was brought up in Bennett st up the village - live in Wainwright Grove now ....wifes family - mother Rhona Molyneux - brothers Reg Molyneux / Tommy Molyneux and Billy Molynuex ...your dad is bound to know Tommy Molyneux ...he was the Undertaker ...lol
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 16 June 13 11:57 BST (UK) »
Well I recognise your name for some reason. Dads gone for a nanna nap after his medicinal guinness.  (Its 7pm here in Perth WA)

I will read him your reply when he gets up.  Allan McCrystal and my brother Mark Harrison used to knock around together until my family emigrated in 74.  Allan was a bit of trouble back then from the stories I've heard lol.  (Dear cousin Allan, when you inevitably find this post, it was meant it the most affectionate manner.  I did however hear about your mad skills intervening in a fight that broke out in the, ahem dole queue back in the day; and it turned out you were fighting another relative of mine haha.)

Harrison: Garston (L'pool), Dublin, Athlone, (Irl), Madras/Chennai and Burma (British India/India) and Sth Africa, and Australia.
And more.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 June 13 12:40 BST (UK) »
Brilliant .a family reunited by Rootschat,
I wont add any thing to this post or research further,as I am sure Allan can fill in most of the details,
Best wishes Radcliff,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 16 June 13 23:43 BST (UK) »
No no Radcliff its awesome to have met up with Garstonite but I need all the help I can get with the original querie LOL  My Hart family is still one big  ???

And more.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 17 June 13 07:45 BST (UK) »
I absolutely loved Annie Judd .....wonderful woman ...and of course I know all the kids....we used to go to Wicklow every couple of years to meet up with Annies husbands family about 45 of us from The Duck ....good times ....still see all the Judds around the pubs ...and now I know Annies maiden name ...didn`t know she was a Harrison ..are you in touch with any of the kids ??? I see Cindy /Ann/Tommy/Paula all the time - John now and then ...
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 17 June 13 09:54 BST (UK) »
Give them our love when you see them from cousin ang and uncle alf in australia xx  last time I saw them in person was 1995/96.  I was only 15 but got to follow them (and Annie) from pub to pub visiting my uncles at their locals and then stay-behinds when the pubs shut :D  Special memories.

Just starting to get back in touch with them all via doing the family history.  Have had a Judd cousin or 2 and their kids join the Harrison/Hart family history group I started on facebook.  All the family coming outta the woodwork mostly via cousin Mary Johnson (nee Thomas); she is the main person who keeps the family in touch with each other across the miles and years.

Get them to join facebook and look me up :)  Also Mary and I emailed them last week but a couple of their emails bounced.

And more.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 17 June 13 10:09 BST (UK) »
OK Angela ...I will do ....soon as I see one of them ...
allan

ADDED...seen Kevin - Cindys husband, in the Welly -he said Cindy will pass the facebook page on to all the family ...

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 19 June 13 10:50 BST (UK) »
Great!  Thanks Allan.  So good to speak to another garstonian - saw you and a bunch of my cousins on the fb group garston past and present too :)

And more.