Author Topic: Garston (under the bridge) ** Hart ** Harrison Doolan and Mcnamara families  (Read 21903 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Garston (under the bridge) ** Hart ** Harrison Doolan and Mcnamara families
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 June 13 08:38 BST (UK) »
I was looking at this marriage yesterday,it may or may not be your ancestor,
Sacred Heart
17th Feb 1890
Thomas Hart,2c 2h,Upper Dalton St
son of Joannis Hart
Mariam Cannon ,21 Upper Dalton St
daughter of Thomas Cannon
witness 1,Jacobo Thoma Flyn
6 Speke Road Garston,
witness 2,Anna Fitzpatrick,
8 Queen St Garston,
possibly you or Allan will recognice the addresses,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 June 13 09:10 BST (UK) »
Yes Radcliff....know the addresses and the Cannon / Flynn /Fitzpatrick families as well .
Just a bit of info for you and HarrisonHart..
Most ( not all ) Irish families that came to Garston in mid - late 1800`s were from Wicklow ...Garston is nicknamed Little Wicklow .....I am sure HarrisonHarts dad is aware of this being a Mudman ( a Garstonian from Under the Bridge )....ALL of the families mentioned
Harrison/Hart/Mcnamara/Cannon/Flynn/Fitzpatrick /Doolan are all still in Garston ...and I know them all well ....
Sadly - being fathers day - I WILL HAVE TO GO THE PUB at 12`o`clock to see these families and ask around ....lol....luckily my neice Gaynor - married a Harrison ...children are Tommy and Michael Harrison and I have a feeling their grandad Harrison will be one of HarrisonHarts uncles ...pretty certain about that...the other Harrison family didn`t come to Garston until 1930`s ....I have txt Gaynor for info - so if I don`t post before 12 noon - I will post about 4pm ...hopefully with some good news .....
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 June 13 10:02 BST (UK) »
Oh I pity you Garstonite  :( I hope the pub isn't too taxing  ;)

For your interest, the other side of my family also bread thick and fast in garston - My mums MOTHER was a Miller.  Millers seemed to have taken up residence early under the bridge.  And my mums FATHER was a McCrystal.  They were newly immigrated from Ireland when grandad was born in 1904. (Catholics from Derry; Belfast and maybe Desertmartin, to be confirmed).  A few of my McCrystal cousins that I know still live in Garston and Speke.  The McCrystals were a family who won the jackpot and got to move to the economic and have a patch of grass all their own (48 Burman Road to be precise), so depending on who you talk to they were either still garstonians or were in Allerton  ???

My dads family (harrison/harts) didn't get to move to the economic as the corpi had already converted a club at 80 king street (Between the Vic and the Kings Arms) for their massive brood.  One of my grandads jokes used to be 'wheres the kings arms?' and everyone would apparently look  ??? at him as he lived next door to it.  But his answer was 'round the queens arse'  ;)

Mind you - they lived next door to the Milleas... dads best friend was Micky Millea who went on to marry my aunty emily.  I think they had 19 kids (Mickys parents) so 11 seems a bit of a weak effort comparatively!

Angela, Perth, West Australia.

Harrison: Garston (L'pool), Dublin, Athlone, (Irl), Madras/Chennai and Burma (British India/India) and Sth Africa, and Australia.
Hart: Garston and Woolton (UK), Roscommon (Irl).
McC(h)rystal: Garston, Wigan, Desertmartin (Nrthn Irl), Canada, USA, Australia
Miller: Garston and ?Ireland/?Wales
Jones: Garston and ?Ireland/?Wales
Boyle: (Derry, Irl)
Gill: Garston L'pool UK, and Ireland.
Cannon: Woolton and Roscommon
Callaghan: Unknown.
And more.

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 16 June 13 10:21 BST (UK) »
Our Mcnamaras

Edward McNamara
    Birth 16 Dec 1873 in St Anns, Eccleston, Lancs
    Death Abt Sep 1943 in Liverpool N., Lancashire

wife - Louisa McNamara 1873 – 1912

Children

Thomas Edward McNAMARA 1896 – 1974
    Florence Sarah Sally McNamara 1900 –
    James McNamara 1908 – 

Then Thomas Edward McNAMARA married my aunty

Thomas Edward McNAMARA
    Birth 29 Aug 1896 in 1 York St, Garston Liverpool
    Death 9 Aug 1974 in Garston, Liverpool

Emily Jane HARRISON 1898 – 1988

John Edward McNamara 1915 – 1985
    Christina McNamara 1921 – 2006
    Thomas Joseph McNamara 1924 – 1998
    Emily Mary McNamara 1926 – 1999
    Alfred McNamara 1931 – 1997
Plus another girl dad cant recall her name yet. Maybe Katherine

Maybe your Denis is the eldest here (Edward) brother.

Harrison: Garston (L'pool), Dublin, Athlone, (Irl), Madras/Chennai and Burma (British India/India) and Sth Africa, and Australia.
And more.

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 16 June 13 10:29 BST (UK) »
I was looking at this marriage yesterday,it may or may not be your ancestor,
Sacred Heart
17th Feb 1890
Thomas Hart,2c 2h,Upper Dalton St
son of Joannis Hart
Mariam Cannon ,21 Upper Dalton St
daughter of Thomas Cannon
witness 1,Jacobo Thoma Flyn
6 Speke Road Garston,
witness 2,Anna Fitzpatrick,
8 Queen St Garston,
possibly you or Allan will recognice the addresses,
that rings a bell from some late night browsing I did that uncovered that marriage.

And I also think I found out that Maria Cannon was the bastard child of ??Mary Cannon and ??Thomas Callagher or Callaghan or similar.  But didn't save my research like a fool!  The baptismal certificate I saw, whereever I saw it, was written in latin, so I had to do some google tranlation to figure out what it all meant.  And yep seemingly she was born out of wedlock and took her mothers surname.

And more.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 16 June 13 10:39 BST (UK) »
Gaynors dad was Leslie Harrison - she remembers uncles Norman and Charles - she can`t remember her grandads name ( pretty certain it will be one your dads brothers ) but - her nan was Jessie Harrison ...she would be a sister in law of your dad - IF you are related ???...and Gaynor never married ...her birth name was Harrison ....
so the pointer here will be if your dad had a sister in law named Jessie Harrison - if not - the Harrisons I know are not related, that I can see ....
McCrystals are friends of mine - their dad was Lol McCrystal sadly passed away
Millers - Dusty Miller - George a train driver ???
let me know if your dad recognises any of these
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 16 June 13 10:46 BST (UK) »
For the record - 2 - 20 Speke Road are houses next to the Fire Station and only Firefighters were allocated them - so either Jacob Flynn was a Fireman - or his dad was and Jacob lived there with his parents
tell your dad I was the resident drummer in The Blue Union and was a good friend of Razza Millea who has sadly passed away ...still see his son John around the village..

as far as I know - all the McCrystals have now married and none are left in Speke anymore ??

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 16 June 13 10:57 BST (UK) »
McCrystals - yes uncle Lol was my oldest uncle on the McCrystal side.  Kids were Lawrence, Allan, Ian, Phillip, Jane and Catherine.  Lawrence and Allan still in L'pool (Allan was in Speke in uncle Lols house last I knew)  Phillip Jane and Ian all moved right down south, Catherine still in L'pool too I think.

No to the harrisons  ???  how can it be that in such a small place we are unrelated.  I will say that my dads Aunty Emily McNamara (nee Harrison), told her grandson that there were actually 10ish siblings of hers.  Of which only her and my grandad WJ 'Jimmy' Harrison were the only ones living at the time she told him that..  My dad only knew his own dad and Emily, but that doesn't mean to say there weren't more.

Our McNamaras lived at 12 Burman Road in c1940.

Oh my Aunty Annie Judd (nee Harrison) lived next to the fire station when she left Thomas Street in c1960 (my mum and dad took over her house 10 thomas st when she moved.  Im sure you know my Judd cousins too :)

Dad says Razza was a good mate of my dads older brothers Jimmy Harrison.  And says Hi whats your last name HAHA.

And more.

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 16 June 13 10:59 BST (UK) »
Oh McNamara?

And more.