Author Topic: Help needed RE Rowans and Nolans in Athy  (Read 8457 times)

Offline moonchops

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed RE Rowans and Nolans in Athy
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 19 June 13 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi there - no, I only have a little photocopy my Mum picked up from Athy stating the names of her grandparents but sadly no marriage details. If this is something you'd be able to do for me you have no idea how grateful I would be - I'd love more than anything to find more info about my Mum's family for her as she is very sick at the moment so it would be a great boost for her and a wonderful surprise if I could give her a bit of her I family tree for her birthday - it's just so hard researching anything when I'm in England - thank you so much for your kind offer  :)

Offline LostAndFound

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 June 13 00:08 BST (UK) »
It's no problem at all. If I can help I'd be delighted. If you have any more details relevant to the search please PM me and I'll see what I can do and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers
LostandFound

Offline LostAndFound

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 June 13 14:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Again

I'm sorry but it's not good news.  Here I was thinking I could just ring up and arrange to pop into the office and look up the details but no.  I've been told that you have to write to the parish secretary with details of who you are and your connection to the person(s) you would like information on.  You need to provide dates and names regarding the information/certs you would like.  There is a charge of €10 for less than 1 hours work and €35 for more than that!  There is also a backlog apparently, so it probably won't get done any time soon.  I asked if they needed volunteers to help and was told no, there are alot of laws around this area of dealing with peoples information.  I'd have thought anything over 100 years would be ok.

So sorry I can't get you any info but depending on what you find on the marriage cert you ordered you may not need to go down this route yet.  If I can help with anything please let me know.  If you can please post an update on what you find on the cert.  I'd love to know.

You will find the contact details for St Michaels on www.stmichaelsathy.net

Best of luck
LostandFound

Offline JoannaNolan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 February 14 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my paternal grandfather was William Joesph Nolan born 1937 in Athy, his mother was called Mary -maiden name Cavangh. We have no record of his father because he apparently ran off and married another woman, washing his hands of them completely,  I don't know if its relevant as I don't know if he had any siblings or cousins but I thought I'd mention it to you :)