Author Topic: old holy cross r/c cemetery, whitwick, leicestershire,uk  (Read 4274 times)

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
old holy cross r/c cemetery, whitwick, leicestershire,uk
« on: Tuesday 18 June 13 23:48 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm currently researching the cemetery gravestones { the graveyard is now unused and in private hands, i do have permission to be there by the owners} if anyone thinks they may have ancestors buried there please let me know and i will try to check for you. the cemetery is very overgrown and the gravestones are sometimes hidden or hard to read or completely missing but all the gravestones i have found i'm writting down the full grave inscription's and a plan of where they are in the cemetery.
Canal Families: James, Green, Wenlock. Fradley, Wood, Higgins, Eaden, Harrison, Jenkinson Hollinshead, Coulton, Caswell, Boswell and Bird.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Lorraine Jones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: old holy cross r/c cemetery, whitwick, leicestershire,uk
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 September 15 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, did you find any graves for the Concannon or the Whittaker family?  I didn't realise there was a Holy Cross cemetery and would really like to know if any of my family are buried there.  Many thanks.
Neal
Wilkins
Warner
Bird
Concannon
Hickling
Barnes
Hicks
Bennett

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.