Author Topic: Ford & Yew Tree Cemetery Records  (Read 201229 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ford & Yew Tree Cemetery Records
« Reply #270 on: Saturday 04 July 15 22:00 BST (UK) »
<peeks nervously round the corner . . as I seem to keep bothering you>

Hello Marienne, its your very own personal stalker again :-)

I have a Mary BOYNE, parents William and Elizabeth (nee PARRY) who, according to her baptism record was born 3rd Jun 1907 at 10 Derby St, Stanley and baptised 13 June 1907 at St Oswald RC Church Stanley/Old Swan.

I had been told this child died at "a very young age" and she is not listed with the family in 1911, still in Derby St,  but accounts for one of the three children (of 7) for this marriage,  who had died.

Free BMD gave me 2 options for her death reg. Q3 1907 and Q1 1908. A good while ago I found a burial on the ancestry database for Yew Tree, which always looked 'likely' - till I got the baptism record the other week.
The burial entry gives an address of Annerby St and says the child was 22 days old when she was buried on 19th August 1907. So, now I have the baptism info, that no longer fits. (its one step forward and three backwards with this family)

The burial record that is now highly questionable says she was interred in grave 257. that doesn't look like the references I have seen for other graves in Yew Tree - do you think its more likely to have been Ford? (this is ancestry, attention to detail has never been their strong point). I do think that she would have been buried in Yew Tree, two children of this family were buried there in 1900 and all subsequent family members were buried there.

I am not sure about the format of  the records you have , if its a big job to look through and see if you can find an entry that matches, then just ignore this - in the fullness of time I will get to the archives again and can trawl though the records myself, but if its easy for you to look up could you see if there is an entry for this wee one who was born and died too soon?

Thanks

Boo

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Saturday 04 July 15 23:29 BST (UK) »
That 22 day old Mary Boyne who is on Ancestry as a 22 year old is definitely at Yew Tree. If you go back through the years the section is A and as you can probably see by the burials in those graves it's Public Section A. I think that address is Annerley Street (off Earle Road Wavertree). 

Blue

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: Saturday 04 July 15 23:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking Blue,
yes I could see she was 22 days old, not 22 years as it says in the ancestry transcription database and there is a GRO death entry for a Mary BOYNE in 1907 which corresponds to that burial.

Thanks for the explanation about the section and for confirming its Yew Tree, I learn a bit more each day.

"My" Mary BOYNE was born 3rd June 1907 though so this entry can't be for her (unless the burial was delayed for about 6 weeks, which is unlikely) and, as yet, I have been unable to find another burial entry for a Mary BOYNE between 1907 and 1911 - anywhere in Liverpool, though Yew Tree is by far the most likely place.

There were 10 children born to this family and, after many years, I have finally got birth/baptism and death dates for all of them apart from a death date for this child.

There's always one, isn't there ? :-)

Boo

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: Saturday 04 July 15 23:51 BST (UK) »
I think I've found it. Burial at Yew Tree on 16 Mar 1908 of a Mary Boyle of 11 Derby Street, aged 9 months, grave (A) 275. It must be the Mary Boyne who died in Q1 1908 and the surname has been spelt wrong.

Blue

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Sunday 05 July 15 00:00 BST (UK) »
Oh THANK YOU Blue :-)

Yes, I agree that its the right record , the next child down was born at 11 Derby Street in Oct 1908.

Whoopeee!

Thank you so much for the help , its really very much appreciated :-)

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Sunday 05 July 15 00:13 BST (UK) »
and just to be sure . .

I checked the GRO index, the only Mary Boyle who died anywhere in Lancs in Q1 1908 was a 77 year old in Blackburn, so this record now goes into the box marked "after a lot of help, this is the right one"

Boo

Offline ozranga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Sunday 05 July 15 07:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo,
Blue has beaten me to it, & I thought I was being so clever..
Mary Boyle is in Yew Tree A 275 public, she died at 11 Derby St aged 9 months, buried 16 Mar 1908.
The parents are in YT 3a 132 with a Marion Bryne (byrne?) aged 11.
Smith, Corrigan, Hart. Walker, Mellett, Bridge, Brew , Nelson (Liverpool)
Smith, Parfrey, Corrigan, Conway, White (Cork. Ire)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Sunday 05 July 15 12:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Marienne

Thank you for taking the time to look and yes, that is right for her parents. We have the grave fees certificate from 1918 (when William, the father, died). Spelling seems to have been optional as Marion "Byrne", though listed as such on the back of the cert, was definitely Marion Boyne :-)
 At a guess money was very tight when Mary and the other two children who died before 1911 were buried and the family couldn't afford a grave but by the time their father died in 1918 some sort of insurance would have paid for his grave and the right for further burials in it. £3 12s for the burial rights, 2s for the parchment its written on and a 6d stamp for the tax duty to the Government.

The grave fees cert is a super document and a fascinating (at least to me) glimpse into the times and how things worked.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01flv/

Thanks again

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Sunday 19 July 15 15:10 BST (UK) »
and, like a bad penny, I am turning up again.

In 1897 I have an Elizabeth BARKEY (nee MURPHY) of 101 Saxony Road, who was buried in grave space H348, Ford Cemetery on 31st May 1897.

Not sure if it would have been a purchased grave but, if you can spare the time, would you check to see if there is a record of other burials in that plot, please?

Thanks

Boo