Author Topic: David Sinclair & Eliza Pearson (wed 1847 Kirkwall & St. Ola)  (Read 7505 times)

Online Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST (Speciality - South Uist, Inverness)
    • View Profile
Re: David Sinclair & Eliza Pearson (wed 1847 Kirkwall & St. Ola)
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 June 13 15:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks akc,

The Ray Millar one seems very interesting, given that David & Eliza's son James has Millar as a middle name. This could be where I find a connection hopefully?

I'm away to check them out  ;D

Annie.
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, MacKinnon, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 'Girl with firewood'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 June 13 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie

You are in good hands with akc's help  :)

Just a few bits from me...there are a few people researching the family in a number of sites. Some links below that might let you contact others for further info:

http://aussiemandas.weebly.com/chronicles-of-scarth.html  - The Scarth connection is for mother Mary Scarth, wife of James Pearson. This includes: 1.5.2. Eliza PEARSON was born on the 25th July 1823 at ?Birn Burn. She married David SINCLAIR (1824-1910). Eliza died on the 13th November 1902 at 4 Victoria Road, Kirkwall.

Possible details to follow up further for brother David http://sinclair.quarterman.org/archive/2000/04/msg00202.html

http://www.geni.com/people/Eliza-SINCLAIR/6000000001773744197

How have you fared on the David Sinclair side?

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 June 13 15:52 BST (UK) »
Well that was a bit of an anti climax. There are 25,000 names in Ray Millar's tree but only......................................................................................1 Pearson  ;D

498 Sinclair's but don't see David who married Eliza Pearson.

There are other names from my list though, Irvine, Scarth etc. so I'm sure I will fall upon something though as they were only small islands and inter-married.

Thanks,

Annie.
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Online Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie

You are in good hands with akc's help  :)

Just a few bits from me...there are a few people researching the family in a number of sites. Some links below that might let you contact others for further info:

http://aussiemandas.weebly.com/chronicles-of-scarth.html  - The Scarth connection is for mother Mary Scarth, wife of James Pearson. This includes: 1.5.2. Eliza PEARSON was born on the 25th July 1823 at ?Birn Burn. She married David SINCLAIR (1824-1910). Eliza died on the 13th November 1902 at 4 Victoria Road, Kirkwall.

Possible details to follow up further for brother David http://sinclair.quarterman.org/archive/2000/04/msg00202.html

http://www.geni.com/people/Eliza-SINCLAIR/6000000001773744197

How have you fared on the David Sinclair side?

Monica

Hi Monica,

Hope you enjoyed your break. Did you forget to add "fast" to your note  ???  ;D  ::)

Just starting out with this for a friend so not got too far yet. Only started y/day from his birth in 1948 and had to climb the ladder on SP so this is where I'm at David & Eliza.

I'm as well to collect what I can while I'm in Orkney  ;D as they are far flung and coincidently one of the ancestors hailed from South Uist where my paternal folks hailed from - small world!

His parents were Govan, Skye & Aberdenn connected so I have an interesting one this time.

Annie.

Online Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:10 BST (UK) »
Monica,

I forgot to say I will certainly be following up your leads,

Thanks,

Annie.

Offline akc

• RootsChat Senior
  • st magnus cathedral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:17 BST (UK) »
another interesting middle name for ann ( Iverach )?

found on scotlands people
Dumfriesshire: Bell, Kerr, Dickson, Hetherington
Orkney: Cursiter, Peace, Drever, Cooper, Paterson, Brock, Leslie, Malcomson, Miller, Scott
Cumberland: Charlton, Young

Online Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:24 BST (UK) »
Now, I came across that yesterday somewhere but think it was before I found the proper connection.

Seems there is a lot of info. online for them so it will keep me going for a while.

Annie.

Online Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 June 13 16:36 BST (UK) »
another interesting middle name for ann ( Iverach )?

found on scotlands people

akc - I think, almost sure it may have been on the Cursiter Site (Orkney) I saw the name Iverach?

It seemed to me that there were 2 families both with David & Eliza as parent's so I wouldn't have been able to confirm a connection at that point as I didn't have Eliza's birth then.

Annie.