Author Topic: Patrick Parish - CASHIN/CASHEN  (Read 4813 times)

Offline jobyone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Parish - CASHIN/CASHEN
« on: Sunday 23 June 13 02:13 BST (UK) »
John Cashin (abt 1775-1824) m. Eleanor Clark (abt 1779-1847) 24 Jan 1801 in Patrick, Isle of Man
children:
John (1801-1882) m. 1. Mary Coffee (1802-1865) and 2. Catharine Cowley (1822-1880) (widow of John Quilliam)
Thomas (abt 1804-1874) m. 1. Margaret Sayle ( -1828) and 2. Mary Killey (1812-1896)
William (1806-1867) m. Jane Kelly (1811-1882)

I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me find out the above John and Eleanor's parents? I can find no information online, iMuseum has them "not stated" on the marriage record. And also, if they have any other children. There is some family mention of daughters Margaret and Mariah, but I am reluctant to add them to my tree without finding some evidence.

I have a strong suspicion that John's parents are Thomas Cashin (1732-1796) and Alice Key (1743-?), but would like some proof. There is a John Caghin b. 7 Nov 1779 in Patrick to Thomas Caghin and Alice Keigh.

Thank you!

Cashin - Isle of Man

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Parish - CASHIN/CASHEN
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 June 13 16:28 BST (UK) »
 all wills are on mormon microfilm (index on www.iomfhs.im) - Alice's will is prob in 1821 archideaconal wills - grandchildren are often noted
however you may find the will summaries on www.manxnotebook.com useful eg 1814 Eleanor Clarke ?
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline jobyone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 June 13 00:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks Frances.

I've been looking at the will index and the will summaries, but never thought to use the one to find the other! Sometimes it is the simple things that you miss.  :-[

The will summary for 1814 Eleanor Clarke (Patrick) isn't on the Manx Notebook site, and the 1814 Eleanor Clark (German) doesn't seem to be the right family, but I will keep looking!
Cashin - Isle of Man

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 June 13 16:44 BST (UK) »
it should be there - [bur Pat 18140120];dated 6 Nov 1811;ch Thomas, Henry(+ wife Judy), Isabella(w/o Patk Quirk);sis Mary;son-i-law John Cashin(+ wife Eleanor) exor
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline jobyone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 July 13 09:31 BST (UK) »
Oh my goodness, thank you! Sorry to have taken so long to reply. You have given me another avenue to explore, definitely Eleanor's mother - Eleanor nee Clark, daughter of John and Marriot (Marriod); and her father was Thomas Clark, son of Silvester and Alice.

Now to confirm, or not, my hypothesis about John, Thomas and Alice!
Cashin - Isle of Man