Author Topic: Lair records for Bo'ness and Carriden  (Read 4713 times)

Offline alys

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lair records for Bo'ness and Carriden
« on: Thursday 27 June 13 19:45 BST (UK) »
I'd be grateful if someone could tell me where I can see lair records for Bo'ness and Carriden graveyards.  Is there a CD?  Is there information available in Falkirk or Linlithgow?  I have seen a transcription of an MI for Carriden for Robert Lumsden, Richard Lumsden, Richard Snadon their spouses and families.  The date is 1803.
I think Robert and Richard may be the sons of Daniel Lumsden/Lumsdale and Violet Brown.  Richard Snadon may be the brother of Richard Lumsden's wife Catharine Snaddon?
I'd like to know who else is buried there.  In the next plot is Mary Lumsden, first wife of John Gibb.  I think she is the daughter of Richard Lumsden.
My ancestor, Alexander Lumsden/Lumsdale could be the brother of Robert and Richard.  If so, he would be born to Daniel and Violet in 1754.  I have my ancestor's marriage and children but cannot get further back.  My ancestor had no children called Daniel or Violet, but then neither does Richard.  I do know though that members of the families of Robert, Richard and Alexander moved to Lanarkshire and seem to be connected.
I've spent years trying to find the parents of Alexander.  I hope someone can help even if it is negative information.
Smellie from Gartshore to New Monkland;  Sneddon from Polmont to New Monkland;  Lumsden, Bo'ness to Lanarkshire;  Black, McCallum, Wotherspoon at New Monkland;  Fyfe at  Cambuslang;  Currie, Hamilton on Arran; Gilchrist, Brown, Campbell on Islay

Offline meggy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lair records for Bo'ness and Carriden
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 15:20 BST (UK) »
http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/heritage/archives/finding-aids/docs/Cemeteries.pdf

Hi Alys,

Have just seen your post so you may already have the information that you need, however this site may be of interest to you?

Stanners, Bell, Ramsay, Kerr, Scougall, Gibb, Archibald, Todd, Laird Johnston, Cosgrove, Robertson.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Lair records for Bo'ness and Carriden
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 July 13 11:23 BST (UK) »
Alys, if you don't already have the answer to this, ring West Lothian Cemeteries and ask them. The number is in the phone book and online, and the lady who deals with this sort of thing is super-helpful.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.