Author Topic: Marriage Look Up for 1914 if possible please.  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Marriage Look Up for 1914 if possible please.
« on: Friday 28 June 13 23:12 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone who has access to records or information and could kindly carry out a Look Up for me please.

I`m trying to find details about a Marriage between John William Banbury and Frances H Lloyd in the March quarter of 1914 in Newport Monmouthshire.

I believe John William Banbury may be part of a family I am researching from Leicestershire. The last trace I can find of him is the 1911 Census where he is working as a Farm Servant at Penllwyngwyn Llangennech in Carmarthenshire.

I understand and appreciate I could also purchase a marriage certificate but I would like to carry out as much reseach as possible before I ponder my options any further as I  can`t justify the expense of a certificate on pure speculation.

I`ve tried various searches for possible births using the Banbury/Lloyd surnames again without success.

I`ve found a death for a John William Banbury back in Leicester in December 1965, the dates and age all tie up nicely but again this is pure speculation on my behalf.  If this is the John William Banbury I`m researching what happened to Frances as I am struggling to find a death for her  ???

Any help, advice, suggestions and offers of information on the marriage, possible births and the death of Frances would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for all replies  ;D

Steve
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look Up for 1914 if possible please.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 June 13 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi

To lookup a marriage in parish records you need to know which church it took place in

These are all the areas contained within the Newport RD so a lot of churches/chapels

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/newport2.html

I can't find a death for Frances either and although John was b 1891 - the only birth for a Frances H Lloyd is this one

Births September qtr 1889 
Frances Hannah M Lloyd    Stourbridge  6c 195

No Banbury/Lloyd births on freebmd
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 June 13 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi

To lookup a marriage in parish records you need to know which church it took place in

These are all the areas contained within the Newport RD so a lot of churches/chapels

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/newport2.html

I can't find a death for Frances either and although John was b 1891 - the only birth for a Frances H Lloyd is this one

Births September qtr 1889 
Frances Hannah M Lloyd    Stourbridge  6c 195

No Banbury/Lloyd births on freebmd

Thanks very much for your reply and the details you enclose.

Looks to be a bit of a conundrum  ???

Perhaps someone more local to the area may have some ideas or suggestions.  ;D

Offline Tree Tective

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 June 13 12:30 BST (UK) »
That Frances Lloyd born 1889 at Stourbridge is likely to have married an Anthony Cross in Stourbridge in 1916, and as Frances Cross she died in 1985 at Halesowen Worcestershire

Name:    Frances H Lloyd
Spouse Surname:    Anthony Cross
Date of Registration:    Oct-Nov-Dec 1916
Registration District:    Stourbridge

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 June 13 23:09 BST (UK) »
That Frances Lloyd born 1889 at Stourbridge is likely to have married an Anthony Cross in Stourbridge in 1916, and as Frances Cross she died in 1985 at Halesowen Worcestershire

Name:    Frances H Lloyd
Spouse Surname:    Anthony Cross
Date of Registration:    Oct-Nov-Dec 1916
Registration District:    Stourbridge

Many thanks for your reply and the information you supply.

Looks like we have an even bigger conumdrum now, who was Frances H Lloyd, where did she come from and disappear to  :-\ :-\

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Help with 1914 marriage Look Up please
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 01 June 17 14:18 BST (UK) »
I started this thread about four years ago.  Threads merged.

I thought I would revisit this topic with the hope there might be some fresh information or records transcribed that had not been transcribed previously.

I have since tried to find a mention of either John or Frances since my original post but unfortunately I have drawn a complete blank so far  :(

Many thanks in excited anticipation  ;) that someone may be able to help.

Steve

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Help with 1914 marriage Look Up please
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 01 June 17 14:54 BST (UK) »
You don't mention when either of them were born or where  :-\

ADDED Have you looked on the 1939 register
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 01 June 17 19:39 BST (UK) »
Whilst a copy cert is £9.25 - I can't see any other way you are going to discover more info

The type of transcription you are looking for will probably not be available for quite some time as such work is undertaken by volunteers and you have already seen the list of possible marriage venues in the Newport RD as posted on the above thread

From your other thread

If this is the John William Banbury I`m researching what happened to Frances as I am struggling to find a death for her 

She may not have died as Banbury - they may have divorced and she re-married or she may have remarried after John died

I have asked the moderator to merge this post with your other thread for continuity and to avoid duplication
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 01 June 17 20:04 BST (UK) »
You don't mention when either of them were born or where  :-\

ADDED Have you looked on the 1939 register

Many thanks rosie99 for your reply, I don`t really know too much more information apart from John was born in Leicester circa 1891, I know nothing about Frances but kind of assuming she may originate from Monmouthshire. Yes I have checked the 1939 Register this afternoon at my local library, spent about 45 minutes trying all kind of combinations without success. The nearest match was a John W Banbury living at Dorothy Road in Leicester with a Herbert Lambert but again this is pure speculation at this stage.

Whilst a copy cert is £9.25 - I can't see any other way you are going to discover more info

The type of transcription you are looking for will probably not be available for quite some time as such work is undertaken by volunteers

From your other thread

If this is the John William Banbury I`m researching what happened to Frances as I am struggling to find a death for her 

She may not have died as Banbury - they may have divorced and she re-married or she may have remarried after John died

I have asked the moderator to merge this post with your other thread for continuity and to avoid duplication

Hi Carole, Many thanks for your reply, everything you mention makes perfect sense but I was kind of hoping that now a 100 year time span had elapsed that certain fresh information or records may have become available hence my effort at revisiting my original thread and my post from earlier today.  :-[

As you mention spending £9.25 is probably the only way of moving forward.

Steve