Author Topic: Mary Sarah Sissons Perry married Parker  (Read 3220 times)

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Sarah Sissons Perry married Parker
« on: Monday 01 July 13 18:02 BST (UK) »
Can anyone find a marriage for Mary Sarah Sissons Perry to James William Parker around 1866? His name is given on a birth cert. and Mary calls herself Parker formally Percy though we know she is Perry.It could be a transcription error but we have reason to believe that the family could have been using the name Percy instead of Perry in the 1871 census.
Does any one know of a James William Parker engineer ? There appear to be two in Putney in the census but that is no help as I can not link them.
(Much later she married John Biggs Banks in Marlborough)
All ideas and help gratefully received. :) Thank you. M.
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Sarah Sissons Perry married Parker
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 July 13 18:28 BST (UK) »
Much later she married John Biggs Banks in Marlborough)

Was she shown as a widow

Her 1876 marriage to John B Banks shows her as Perry - not Parker
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 July 13 18:35 BST (UK) »
What about this marriage?

March qtr 1866
Dudley district    vol 6c, page 73

Parker, William
+ and on the same page +
Perry, Mary
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 November 14 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Having recently seen signed documents ,I now think that Mary Sarah Sissons Perry was intermarried to James William Perry ! This might be her cousin. It appears that she calls herself a spinster or widow or unmarried depending upon what is being signed.We believe she had a very controlling father.Can any one shed any light on this please?
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 November 14 19:00 GMT (UK) »
As it's now over 12mths since you posted - have you bought a copy of either of her marriage certificates to establish her marital status and her fathers name?

You haven't given any details of when or where either she or her first husband was born so it would be impossible to shed  any light without more information

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 11 May 15 16:47 BST (UK) »
Carole,the Aunt who had the documents died in Nov 2014.I have inherited the lot !
It is taking me months to read,note, assess and properly file her seventy years of research....it was her life.
I can not find a marriage for Mary Sarah Sissons Perry even though I have transcribed the document where she swears she is the widow of James William Perry and they married in 1865 on the 15th of October.Nor can I find the death of James which in the document is listed as 1868.
In her marriage cert to my great grandfather and also in more legal documents she calls herself a spinster.
I sent for the birth cert of the child of Mary and James, also referred to in legal documents, and she is using the name Mary Sarah Sissons Parker as is James William the alleged father.I can find no legal record for either of them.
I understand that in the 19th century it was possible to get married almost anywhere in the rough and tumble of slum life ? Do you know when that stopped ? (Grasping at straws here)
She would have been seventeen when the child was born and the child stays in the family with other relatives and at school.She too,is referred to in legal documents as her mother passes money to her.
Lilian goes on to marry a Deadman and I have her marriage cert.She dies outside Petersfield.

I have about Fourteen lever arch files of papers ,documents and notes so I will keep on searching.I hope that Chippenham records Office may yet yield some fresh info !

Thank you for asking. I continue the struggle to complete my Aunt's life time work .She died the day before her 104th birthday and until two weeks before she had me researching for her!
Thank you again.   ??? :)
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth