Author Topic: DIPPNALL of Manchester and Salford  (Read 7483 times)

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
DIPPNALL of Manchester and Salford
« on: Tuesday 02 July 13 22:03 BST (UK) »
I have been researching the DIPPNALL/DIPNALL name for quite a few years now and have a database of Dippnall/Dipnall's found in the Manchester and Salford area and their descendants.  I believe I'm only one step away from joining the Dipnalls of Hampshire/London with my lot in Lancashire.

Any information with this surname would be greatly appreciated.  If I can possibly help anyone, please don't hesitate in contacting me

Kind regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline cathaldus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DIPPNALL of Manchester and Salford
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 July 13 19:45 BST (UK) »
I certainly remember the Dipnall family living in Bangor Street,  Hulme, Manchester in the 40s/50s.
Got a feeling that one of the kids was called Melvyn.

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 July 13 21:54 BST (UK) »
Many thanks cathaldus, there certainly was a Melvyn living in that area, at that time, I believe his siblings were William, John, Edward and Annette.  Do any of those names ring a bell?

Kind regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands

Offline cathaldus

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 July 13 19:41 BST (UK) »
Certainly I seem to recollect a Billy Dipnall in the family.  As for the other members I really cannot remember.  If it is of importance let me know and I'll ask my younger brother (he's only 75yrs old!!)

Offline cathaldus

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 July 13 16:28 BST (UK) »
Duck,
My younger brother confirms Billy,  Melvyn,  Edward and Annette,  to his certain knowledge.
I hope that this is helpful/

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 July 13 16:53 BST (UK) »
Duck,
My younger brother confirms Billy,  Melvyn,  Edward and Annette,  to his certain knowledge.
I hope that this is helpful/

Thank you very much, I knew they were all from the same family, it is just nice that someone remembers them

Kind regards

Simon

Offline Melanie35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 05 December 13 00:31 GMT (UK) »
If you need any more help I might be able to help as my dad is a Dippnall (Edward ) my uncles are bill Melvyn and antie Annette
Mel.

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 05 December 13 07:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mel

It's lovely to hear from you, I think it is the first time I've come across a relative on RootsChat.  I do have your Dad, Uncles & Aunt in my database, but I don't have you, when you have made a few posts I will be able to contact you by "personal message".

I have nearly all the Manc/Salford Dippnalls in my database going back to 1830ish, I am trying to link them to the south coast Dipnalls where I'm sure they originate

I look forward to hearing from you again

Kind regards

Simon

Offline Melanie35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 06 December 13 23:11 GMT (UK) »
That's a lot of research that you have been doing, it was only by chandelier that I piped on the site for a look and I spotted your post, would this mean that we are related in some way??? I have 3 siblings that might not have shown up as well.
Mel